Green Bean Casserole with Bacon And Cheese (Low Carb and Keto) is so delicious you won’t believe it. With green beans, onions, garlic, melted cheese, and bacon blended together in a creamy sauce and crispy topping – this will be your new favorite side dish. Not just a holiday dish, make it year-round. This green bean casserole is a low carb and keto side dish that anyone can eat.
Green Bean Casserole with Bacon And Cheese (Low Carb and Keto)
Green bean casserole with bacon and cheese is so dang GOOD! This low carb, gluten-free, keto casserole is perfect for your holiday meals. This holiday side dish with green beans, onions, garlic, melted cheese, and bacon blended together in a creamy sauce and crispy topping – will be your new favorite keto side dish. Homemade green bean casserole is the BEST! Yum. #casserole #Thanksging #Christmas #lowcarb #keto #seekinggoodeats #ketogenic #greenbeans #sidedish #holidayrecipe #glutenfree.
What You Will Need to Make Green Bean Casserole With Cheese and Bacon
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- Cast-iron 12″ skillet
- ovenproof casserole dish
- Mixing Bowls (I have had this set for YEARS)
- Mixing Spoons
- Measuring Spoons
- Dry Measuring Cups
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 (12 oz) packages green beans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup panko pork rinds (or breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
How To Make Green Bean Casserole with Bacon and Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Over medium heat, cook bacon in a skillet until just crisp (#1). Remove from skillet and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. In the same pan over medium heat, saute onions and beans until tender, approximately 8 to 10 minutes (#2 & #3). Stir frequently. If the pan gets too hot reduce heat. Add butter and garlic to the pan and cook an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Add sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir until everything is blended (#4).
Transfer casserole mixture to a greased casserole dish. In a small bowl mix pork panko and Italian seasoning.
Sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and the top is a golden brown.
Serve and Enjoy!
- If you have an ovenproof skillet such as a cast-iron skillet, you can skip the step of transferring to another casserole dish. Just transfer it straight to the oven and bake! Of course, if this is for the holidays you will probably want a pretty casserole dish on your table though. 🙂
- To save some time: instead of sauteeing the green beans in the skillet until tender, you can steam them in your microwave. (Add 1/4 cup water and cover, microwave for 6 to 8 minutes, then drain.) Once onions are soft, add the green beans and garlic at the same time.
More Keto Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
- Baked Zucchini Casserole With Cheese
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup
- Easy Cauliflower Cheese (Keto Cauliflower Cheese)
- Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad)
- Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan (Eggplant Gratin)
- Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!