Frozen Pork Chops in the Air Fryer are flavorful, juicy, and tender. Did you forget to take your pork chops out of the freezer? Don't panic - you'll have these delicious smokey boneless pork chops on the table in less than 20 minutes with only a few simple ingredients! Talk about convenience! 😉
You'll ❤️ Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
"Am I the only one that forgets to take my meat out of the freezer? LOL. I love that these pork chops can go into the air fryer frozen and are ready in 20 minutes."
Juicy tender pork chops cooked in the air fryer are so simple. The air fryer cooks the pork chops by circulating the air evenly, so the meat gets cooked quickly!
Quick and Convenient
Cooking frozen pork chops is so quick - like, less than 20 minutes from start to finish quick. Season the frozen pork chops and air fry. Done!
This air fryer pork chop recipe is low carb, keto, low-fat, gluten-free, paleo and a great source of protein. Adapt any of the ingredients to meet your nutritional needs.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make frozen pork chops in air fryer:
Boneless Pork Chops - I used 1-inch thick boneless pork chops in this recipe. Substitute with your preferred kind of pork chops and adjust your cooking times accordingly.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - or use your preferred oil.
Kosher Salt - sea salt or table salt can also be used, but the amount may need to increase or decrease according to what variety you use.
Ground Black Pepper
Smoked Paprika - regular paprika can be used, but you will LOVE that smokiness from the smoked paprika.
Garlic Powder - onion powder can also be used.
Salt and Pepper - to taste
Variation - use my Pork Dry Rub recipe or any salted seasoning blend instead of the above listed seasonings!
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here's how to make frozen pork chops in air fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees F.
Mix salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Prepare the Chops
Brush the frozen pork chops with olive oil, then coat them with the pork rub.
Place the frozen pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook frozen pork chops for 5 to 6 minutes to defrost.
Place the air fryer basket back in and cook for about 6 minutes, then turn. Continue to air fry until done, (internal temperature 140 degrees F), another 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve frozen pork chops in air fryer recipe:
Salt and pepper to taste. Adjust any other seasoning if desired. Garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley or chives.
Serve with a side of homemade Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce!
Serve with mashed potatoes, or keep it keto by serving it with cauliflower rice.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to air fryer pork chops:
- Use bone-in pork chops in place of boneless if preferred. If you use bone-in, make sure to increase your cooking time until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Use any salted seasoning blend you'd like in place of the pork rub. Add some red pepper flakes for some extra kick!
- Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar for a slightly sweet flavor.
💭 Top Tips
- Cook pork chops until they reach a safe cooking temperature of 145 degrees. I cook my chops to 140 degrees, then pull them from the heat, cover with foil and let sit for 5 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise to 145.
- Preheat heat your air fryer for best cook results.
- Remember, if you can't find one-inch pork chops, that's fine; just adjust the cooking time up for thicker chops or down for thinner.
- There are cooking variances among air fryer models. Adjust the recipe accordingly.
How To Store
Make sure to fully cool your leftovers before placing them into an air-tight container. Place them into the refrigerator and store for no longer than 4 days.
How To Reheat Pork Chops in Air Fryer
Reheat your pork chops in the air-fryer at 325 degrees until warmed through.
How To Freeze
Freeze cooked pork chops in an air-tight container.
According to the USDA, pork chops can be frozen for 4 to 6 months.
Yes, you can cook frozen pork chops in air fryer. The air-fryer quickly thaws the pork and then continues to cook them, bringing flavor and caramelization to your chops! Please reference our recipe below for those steps.
Cook your pork chops to 145 degrees F. Check the temperature using an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the chop, away from a bone. Let the pork chops rest for a minimum of 3 minutes before serving.
Freezing individual pork chops is as simple as wrapping each individual chop in aluminum foil, freezer paper, or placing it in small freezer-safe plastic bags (remove as much air as possible). A vacuum sealer is one of the best ways to freeze meats and vegetables, but it is pricier than the other options.
✔️ More Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
Here are a few more main dish air fryer recipes for dinner:
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops Recipe
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Keto Chicken Tenders
Frozen Pork Chops in Air Fryer
- 4 1" thick boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- substitution: 1 to 2 tablespoons pork dry rub can be used instead of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Brush the frozen pork chops with olive then coat with pork rub.
- Place the frozen pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 5 to 6 minutes to defrost.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook about 6 minutes, then turn. Continue air fryer until done (145° F), another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Use any favorite pre-mixed salted seasoning blend instead of the recipe seasonings.
- TOP TIPS: Use an instant-read thermometer to test doneness.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Adjust seasoning to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley or chives.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™