You'll love this super simple pork tenderloin on the grill. Wrap it in bacon, or omit, grill then baste in strawberry BBQ sauce for tender juice grilled pork every time! Tip: If you're in a hurry you can use another favorite BBQ sauce, or make the sauce up to 3 days ahead of time.
You will love this Pork Tenderloin on the Grill
It's easy! Grilling pork tenderloin is quite easy and wrapping in bacon helps to ensure it will be nice and juicy and tender! Wrapping in bacon is optional, so if you don't have time - no worries, you can still achieve a perfect tenderloin.
Healthy. High in protein and low in carbs grilled pork tenderloin is perfect for low carb and keto dieters. Be sure to use sugar substitute and sugar free ketchup in the BBQ sauce - or omit the sauce and use an already made keto substitute.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make juicy grilled pork tenderloin:
- Pork Tenderloin
- Bacon: wrapping in bacon is a wonderful way to add moisture and flavor to your pork tenderloin. It can be omitted, if you prefer.
Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
Note that any barbecue sauce can be substituted, you can also use a grilled pork tenderloin marinade if desired. Here are the strawberry barbecue sauce ingredients you will need:
- Fresh Strawberries: using fresh strawberries is perferred but frozen thawed may be used.
- Onion: use a white or yellow onion.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Maple Syrup: a must. Using real natural maple syrup is preferred.
- Cayenne Pepper: adds a mild spiciness to balance the sweetness. Adjust to taste.
How to Grill Pork Tenderloin
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this pork tenderloin grill recipe:
1. Add oil and saute onion and then garlic until tender.
2. Add strawberries, salt, and pepper. Saute strawberries for 4 minutes.
3. Add remaining barbecue sauce ingredients. Stir and bring to a simmer.
4. Continue simmering until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and carefully blend sauce until desired smoothness is reached.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
5. Preheat a charcoal grill or gas grill. Season pork tenderloins with salt and pepper or marinate if preferred. Wrap in bacon (if using).
6. Place the tenderloins on the unlit side of the grill. Cook pork turning halfway until they reach 138 degrees F in the center of the thickest part. (Use an instant read thermometer)
7. Move to the heated side of grill and baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 5 more minutes, turning and basting halfway.
8. Remove from grill, tent with foil, and let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
H3 How long to Grill Pork Tenderloin
A 1 to 2-pound tenderloin can take anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to grill. In this recipe with had 1.25 pound tenderloins and they cooked for 25 minutes.
Pork Tenderloin Grill Temp
According to the USDA the safe temperature of pork is 145 degrees F. To avoid overdoneness, I remove tenderloins when they reach 140 degrees, tent with foil and let sit 10 to 20 minutes before slicing.
How To Serve This Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Serve your perfect pork tenderloin by slicing and drizzling with the strawberry barbecue sauce.
Here are some perfect sides to go with it:
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad Recipe
- Easy Recipe for Grilled Romaine Lettuce
- Herb Marinated BBQ Vegetables
- Refrigerator Pickles
- Creamy Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Broccoli Salad Recipe with Bacon
- Dill Pickle Salad
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later! 🙂
How To Store Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Store your leftover pork tenderloin in an airtight container for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen up to 4 months.
Pork Tenderloin on Grill FAQs
To avoid drying out pork tenderloin, grill it over indirect heat and remove them as soon as their internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Tent with foil and let sit 10 to 20 minutes before slicing. Wrapping in bacon is another great way to prevent tenderloin from drying out.
You do not need to wrap pork tenderloin in foil when grilling. As long as you cook pork over indirect heat and remove it as soon as it reaches 140 degrees then let it sit, you will have juicy tenderloin.
Pork Tenderloin (Grill Recipe)
- 2 (1.25 pound each) pork tenderloins (silverskin removed, if any)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 slices bacon (can be omitted if preferred)
Strawberry Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, divided (trimmed, hulled, and quartered)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, then add strawberries and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, balsamic vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, maple syrup, Worcestershire, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Grilled Pork Tenderloins
- Preheat one side of a grill to 400° to 500℉, leaving the other side unlit.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pork tenderloins and wrap each with 5 slices of the bacon (if using), securing in place with toothpicks. (Note: pork can be marinated using any pork marinade and then wrapped with bacon if preferred)
- Place the tenderloins on the unlit side of the grill. Close the lid and grill for 15 minutes. Turn the pork over and continue grilling for 10 to 15 more minutes or until the pork reaches 138 degrees when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Transfer the pork to the hot side of the grill and brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Grill for 5 more minutes, turning halfway and brushing with more strawberry BBQ sauce.
- Remove pork from the grill, tent with foil, and let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Bacon can be omitted. Use any favorite BBQ sauce in place of the strawberry sauce. A pork marinade may be used before wrapping in bacon.
- TIPS: The BBQ sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Season the pork with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve the tenderloins sliced and drizzled with additional warm balsamic strawberry BBQ sauce. Adjust seasoning if needed.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™