This Italian-Style Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is deliciously juicy and flavorful. Inspired by all the flavors of the Italian countryside - lemon groves, fresh herbs, garlic, and onion. Did we mention it was SUPER easy to make? Yep. 😉
Best Turkey Breast in Crock Pot Recipe!
"Who knew you could have turkey for a weeknight meal, and not just Thanksgiving? This recipe is easy to make and easy to clean up. Your family will love this!" -Kori
So Juicy. Cooking the turkey in wine and the citrus juices low and slow makes for a VERY tender and juicy turkey recipe.
Super Easy. Who doesn't love a super easy hands-off turkey recipe? Other than rubbing the turkey with olive oil and herbs, everything just gets dumped in the slow cooker, making life simple.
Make Ahead. Crock pot turkey can be prepped ahead and turned on low well in advance of your dinner. This makes cooking dinner a breeze, especially if it's for a holiday meal and you have a bunch of recipes to get on the table!
Healthy. You'll be happy to know that this is a healthy turkey recipe - it's gluten free, low carb, keto, paleo, Whole30, and has no sugar added. Keto followers can add healthy fat by making gravy from the remaining juices in the pot.
Turkey Breast Slow Cooker Recipe Ingredients
Happily, the ingredients needed to make this Italian-inspired crock pot turkey are easily found, and most are probably already in your pantry or fridge!
- Boneless Turkey Breast - you can actually use a bone-in if you'd prefer. Adjust time slightly. A skin on turkey is fine. Thaw frozen turkey several days in advance.
- Chicken Broth
- White Wine - you can also substitute chicken broth
- Onions - yellow onions were used, but you could use any favorite like read or sweet.
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
- 5 to 6 quart slow cooker
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later! 😉
How To Cook Turkey Breast in Crockpot
For complete instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
1. Place lemons, onions, & garlic into the slow cooker
2. Add wine and broth.
3. Rinse and pat dry the turkey. Rub herbs on the roast. Place the turkey on top of the lemons and onions. Slow cook the turkey on low until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Tent with foil for 10 minutes before slicing.
How To Serve Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Slice the turkey after it has been resting under foil for 5 to 10 minutes.
Use the juices from the pot to make a delicious citrusy gravy.
If you want a really simple weeknight or holiday dinner, I recommend serving this slow cooker turkey plus one or two of the following recipes:
- Crockpot Green Beans
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Crock Pot Recipe
- Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Layered Salad
- Baked Zucchini Casserole With Cheese
Best Tips For Cooking Turkey Breast in Crockpot
- Your turkey is done when its internal temperature reaches 165F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test. I usually pull it from the crockpot when it reaches 160 degrees, then tent with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise, resulting in a perfectly cooked, juicy turkey.
- If your turkey has the skin on, it will not brown. If you want a little color, you can broil the skin after slow cooking for the crispiest, or you can broil before slow cooking (you'll have color, but not crispiness.)
Italian-Style Juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 yellow onion (peeled and cut in half horizontally)
- 2 lemons (cut into 4 wedges each)
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pound boneless turkey breast
- Place the onion, lemon wedges, and garlic cloves on the bottom of the slow cooker, creating a shelf for the turkey to sit on.
- Add chicken broth and wine to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse the turkey and pat dry. Rub olive oil on the turkey breast and then coat it with the herb, salt, and pepper mixture. Place the turkey breast on top of the onion, garlic, and lemon wedges.
- Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high until cooked turkey breast reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from slow cooker and tent with foil. Allow it to sit 10 minutes before slicing.(Tip: be careful not to overcook the breast, check after 6 hours on low.)
- TOP TIPS: Turkey breast is done when its internal temperature reaches 165F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Use chicken broth instead of wine. You can also use a bone-in turkey breast but you'll need to adjust the cooking time.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Make a gravy with the remaining juices in the pot. Serve with a side salad or crockpot green beans. Got leftover turkey? Make this Low Carb Turkey Pot Pie.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™
More Turkey Recipes
Here are a few more delicious turkey recipes I think you'll enjoy:
Or, check out these other slow cooker recipes: