This Italian-Style Slow Cooker Turkey Breast is deliciously juicy and flavorful. Inspired by all the flavors of the Italian countryside - lemon groves, fresh herbs, garlic, and onion. Did we mention it was SUPER easy to make? Yep. 😉
Why You'll ❤️ Crock Pot Turkey
"Who knew you could have turkey for a weeknight meal, and not just Thanksgiving? This recipe is easy to make, easy to clean up, ketogenic, and low-carb friendly. Your family will love this!" -Kori
Cooking the turkey in wine and the citrus juices low and slow makes for a VERY tender and juicy turkey breast recipe.
Who doesn't love a super easy hands-off turkey recipe? Other than rubbing the turkey with olive oil and herbs, everything just gets dumped in the slow cooker, making life simple.
Crock pot turkey can be prepped ahead and turned on low well in advance of your dinner. This makes cooking dinner a breeze, especially if it's for a holiday meal and you have a bunch of recipes to get on the table!
You'll be happy to know that this is a healthy turkey recipe that is gluten free, low carb, keto, and has no sugar added.
Keto followers can add healthy fat by making gravy from the remaining juices in the pot.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients and equipment you will need to make this crock pot turkey:
Happily, the ingredients needed to make this Italian-inspired crockpot turkey are easily found and most are probably already in your pantry!
Boneless Turkey Breast - you can actually use a bone-in if you'd prefer. Adjust time slightly. A skin on turkey is fine. Thaw frozen turkey several days in advance.
White Wine - you can also substitute chicken broth
Onions - yellow onions were used, but you could use any favorite like read or sweet.
Italian Seasoning Blend
Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
Ground Black Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making slow cooker turkey breast:
For complete instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
Rub Turkey with Herbs
Rinse and pat dry the turkey. Rub herbs on the roast
Add Ingredients To The Bottom
Place lemons, onions, & garlic into the slow cooker followed by the broth & wine
Place Turkey in Pot
Place the turkey on top of the lemons and onions.
Cook turkey breast on low 6 to 8 hours or the until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Remove from the slow cooker and cover with foil. Allow it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Slice and enjoy.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve your slow cooker turkey breast:
If you want a really simple weeknight or holiday dinner I recommend serving this slow cooker turkey plus one or two of the following recipes:
Use the juices from the pot to make a delicious citrusy gravy.
💭 Top Tips
- Your turkey is done when its internal temperature reaches 165F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test.
- If your turkey has the skin on it will not brown. If you want a little color, you can broil the skin after slow cooking for the crispiest, or you can broil before slow cooking (you'll have color, but not crispiness.)
✔️ More Turkey Recipes
Here are a couple of delicious turkey recipes I think you'll enjoy:
- Best Juicy Turkey Recipe
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie (Low Carb & Keto)
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Southwest Turkey Burgers On The Grill
Or, check out these other slow cooker recipes
If you tried this Crock Pot Turkey recipe, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give it a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Italian-Style Juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 yellow onion (peeled and cut in half horizontally)
- 2 lemons (cut into 4 wedges each)
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pound boneless turkey breast
- Rinse the turkey and pat dry.
- Add chicken broth and wine to the slow cooker.
- Place the onion, lemon wedges, and garlic cloves on the bottom of the slow cooker, creating a shelf for the turkey breast to sit on.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Rub olive oil on the turkey breast and then coat with the herb, salt, and pepper mixture.
- Place turkey breast on top of the onion, garlic, and lemon wedges.
- Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high until turkey breast is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the breast, check after 6 hours on low.
- Remove from slow cooker and tent with foil. Allow it to sit 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- TOP TIPS: Turkey breast is done when its internal temperature reaches 165F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Use chicken broth instead of wine. You can also use a bone-in turkey breast but you'll need to adjust the cooking time.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Make a gravy with the remaining juices in the pot. Serve with a side salad or crockpot green beans. Got leftover turkey? Make this Low Carb Turkey Pot Pie.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™