This easy buffalo cauliflower recipe is destined to be your new favorite vegetable side dish! Seasoned crusted cauliflower florets are perfectly roasted and then drizzled in buffalo sauce. Make it low carb and keto with sugar-free sauce.
You'll ❤️ Keto Buffalo Cauliflower!
"A very flavorful vegetable side dish that pairs perfectly with roasted, grilled, or fried chicken wings! "
This keto buffalo cauliflower recipe is a tasty substitute for classic buffalo chicken wings. Using cauliflower and creating a crust with pork rinds makes these cauliflower bites crispy and just as satisfying to eat! Check out the How-to-Serve section for ideas on what to serve these buffalo cauliflower bites with!
This is an easy vegetable side dish recipe to make, just coat the cauliflower, and roast them in the oven! Minimal dishes and done in about 30 minutes!
If you use a sugar free buffalo sauce, this recipe is keto, low-carb, sugar-free, and gluten-free! I highly suggest trying my homemade keto buffalo sauce as it's super easy to make.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this keto buffalo cauliflower recipe:
Fresh Cauliflower Florets - cut into 1½ to 2-inch bite-size pieces of cauliflower. You can purchase a head of cauliflower and break it down or buy precut cauliflower if you prefer!
Crushed Pork Rinds - you can purchase crushed pork rinds in the grocery store or buy a bag of any flavor you like and crush them up into crumbs.
Smoked Paprika - adds the most amazing smoky taste!
Kosher Salt - you can also season with celery salt!
Ground Black Pepper
Olive Oil - or use any preferred cooking oil.
Butter - any brand you like! I prefer using unsalted to control the amount of salt I use.
Buffalo Sauce - use any favorite bottled brand or my homemade keto buffalo wing sauce - it's sugar-free and easy! Make it as spicy as you want with hot sauce.
Optional Garnish - blue cheese crumbles, fresh parsley, chives, hot sauce, and blue cheese dressing.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this buffalo cauliflower recipe:
Make the Coating
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
Add crushed pork rinds, paprika, celery salt, and pepper in a bowl or a large plastic bag. Stir or shake to combine.
Melt the Butter
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then place 3 pats of butter on top. Bake in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the butter.
Coat the Cauliflower
Add your cauliflower to a large bowl and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with the seasoned pork rind mixture until all florets are covered.
Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet in the melted butter.
Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and then toss the cauliflower.
Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower are crisp-tender.
Drizzle with Buffalo Sauce
Remove cauliflower from the oven, drizzle with buffalo sauce, and then toss to coat.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve this buffalo cauliflower recipe:
Use any of your favorite garnishes for buffalo wings on this dish! Some of our favorites are cheese crumbles, chives or green onions, and blue cheese dressing.
Add some heat and add hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
Meal idea! Serve as a side to Southern Baked Chicken Thighs. Cut up some fresh celery and carrots to serve with your buffalo cauliflower "wings." Use blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
Make it a wrap: serve in romaine lettuce boats or wrap in lettuce along with shredded carrot, thinly sliced celery, arugula, a few drops of hot sauce, and a slice of cheese with a favorite dressing.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Use almond flour instead of pork rinds if you want to make this vegetarian!
- Adjust any seasonings to your preference. Garlic powder and red pepper flakes are great examples. You could also use seasoned salt instead of kosher salt.
- Use any buffalo sauce you like! My recipe is keto-friendly, easy to make, and delicious!
- Try using BBQ-flavored pork rinds and making BBQ cauliflower bites instead of buffalo! There are plenty of sugar-free BBQ sauces at the store to choose from to keep this keto!
💭 Top Tips
- Fry these cauliflower bites in the air fryer if you prefer! It is fast, easy, and a way to cut down on butter. Start by setting your air fryer to 350 degrees F and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until crispy and the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Double coat your cauliflower if you like a lot of crust on your cauliflower.
- Use bigger cauliflower pieces to make it easier to flip them when cooking. It also lessens the chance of overcooking the cauliflower and becoming mushy.
How To Store
For storage, let the cauliflower cool completely and place it into an air-tight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How To Reheat
For best results, reheat in an air fryer or on a cookie sheet at 325 degrees in an oven until crispy or have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
How To Freeze
Freeze in an air-tight container or 1-gallon zip lock bag for up to 2 months.
Buffalo cauliflower features caramelized roasted cauliflower tossed with a spicy dry coating. Great for keto and vegetarian diets!
Yes, they are heart-healthy and are free of cholesterol, low fat, and saturated fats!
Yes, it does, but very little. 1 cup of Buffalo cauliflower contains 7 total carbs, 5 grams of net carbs, 2 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein, and 50 calories.
✔️ More Cauliflower Recipes
Got a few more tasty recipes with cauliflower for you!
- How To Cook Cauliflower
- Seafood Pasta Salad (Use Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad (with Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Cauliflower Cheese
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe (Keto Low Carb)
- 1½ pounds cauliflower florets (cut into 1½ to 2" florets)
- ⅔ cup finely crushed pork rinds
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 recipe keto buffalo sauce (approx ¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a bowl or large plastic bag add crushed pork rinds, paprika, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place 3 pats of butter on the sheet. Place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until the butter is melted.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoned pork rind mixture.
- Place cauliflower on the baking sheet, in the butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and toss the cauliflower.
- Return to the oven and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and drizzle with buffalo sauce, then toss to coat.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- TOP TIPS: Only cook cauliflower until it is crisp-tender, otherwise it will break apart.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve immediately. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles, parsley, celery sticks, and extra buffalo sauce. You can also drizzle with a blue cheese dressing.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™