Peanut Butter Burgers with Bacon are super tasty burgers with the perfect mix of salty, sweet, and just a little spicy. Crispy bacon, melty peanut butter, pepper jack cheese, and the optional spicy 'n sweet pepper relish make for a dream burger to drool over.
Serving peanut butter hamburgers over lettuce and with a sugar free sweet and spicy pepper relish make these a gluten free, low carb, keto peanut butter bacon cheeseburger.
❤️ Peanut Butter Hamburger
"Peanut Butter Burgers are a very popular burger with my family - in fact, they went "nuts" over them! I made the sweet and spicy relish that my husband and I LOVED. My boys wouldn't try the sauce because of the peppers and onions, so I used grape jelly on their burgers instead. Yep - peanut butter and jelly burger, and they LOVED it." :) -Kori
This is a GOOD burger. The burger itself is simple to make - generously season with salt and pepper then grill or cook in a skillet.
It's the toppings that make this burger - bacon, melty peanut butter, pepper jack cheese, and the optional sweet and spicy sauce, come together to make the most fantastic burger with the perfect mix of salty, sweet, and just a little spicy.
Low Carb and Keto Burger Recipe
Make this a healthy peanut butter burger by serving over lettuce (or wrapping in lettuce) and voila! Now it's a gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb, and keto burger recipe! 🙂
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto plan:
7.6 g net carbs | 42.2 g of fat | 33.5 g protein.
If you are interested in keto be sure to get our FREE keto food list and shopping list!
🥗 How To Serve
Need easy serving suggestions? Here are some ways that you can serve your Peanut Butter Bacon Burgers:
- A great side dish for these peanut butter burgers is Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad, Grilled Romaine Hearts, and a simple green salad with a favorite dressing.
- If you are not following a low carb or keto plan, serve on a buttered toasted bun. Low carb followers should serve on keto bread, chaffles, or lettuce.
🥘 Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools you'll need to make peanut butter hamburgers:
- Ground Beef (80/20) -
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Peanut Butter - use your favorite peanut butter brand. I used natural salted peanut butter. If your peanut butter is too thick, you can warm it slightly in the microwave.
- Spicy 'n Sweet Pepper Relish - you can make my recipe for sweet pepper relish or buy something similar in the grocery store. It just needs to be sweet and, if possible, have a little kick. You can also use jelly in this recipe too! If you're following a low carb keto plan or watching your sugar - make sure to use sugar-free.
- Pepper Jack Cheese - I liked the little bit of spice that the pepper jack gives, but you can certainly use another like cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella.
- Bacon - I used thick-cut bacon cooked to crispy, but any favorite bacon would do.
- Hamburger Buns or Lettuce - I tried a couple of different buns, and I liked the simple standard size white hamburger buns because they were soft and squishy, which was perfect with the peanut butter and jelly (relish). I buttered and toasted the buns prior to serving. This burger was just as delicious wrapped in lettuce too!
- Grill or skillet -these burgers can be cooked on the grill or in a skillet.
- Measuring spoons
- Parchment Paper - great for making patties
- Spatula - if grilling, make sure to use a long-handled spatula for flipping those patties.
There are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to your peanut butter bacon burgers:
- Instead of making our pepper relish recipe, you can buy something similar in the store.
- Feel free to turn this pb burger into a peanut butter and jelly burger by using a favorite jelly instead of our pepper relish.
- To add even more spice you can add fresh sliced jalapenos or jarred jalapenos.
- Low carb keto followers might enjoy these burgers with a chaffle made of pepper jack cheese. See our basic chaffle recipe and then substitute pepper jack cheese.
🔪 How To Make
Here's how to make a peanut butter burger - you're gonna love them!! 🙂
Please see recipe card for full details.
Shape The Patties
Divide the ground beef into 4 equal portions.
Shape into balls and place between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a stiff spatula press into patties that are approximately 1/2" thick.
Tip: Burgers always shrink. To get your patties close to bun size, press them into patties about 1" larger in diameter than the bun. With 1/4 lb burgers, I use a regular-sized bun, so the patties aren't too thin.
Cook The Burgers
If using a skillet, melt a little cooking oil over medium heat. Generously season one side of the patty with salt and pepper and place the seasoned side down in the skillet. Season the second side with salt and pepper.
Continue cooking until the patties reach the desired temperature. See chart below.
Preheat grill to 400 degrees F. Generously season one side of the burger with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned side down on the grill. Season the second side with salt and pepper.
Cook for 3 minutes and then flip. Continue cooking until the patties reach the desired temperature. See chart below.
Assemble The Burgers
Adjust salt, pepper, and use additional dressing to taste. Serve and enjoy!
💭 Expert Tips
- Use an instant-read thermometer to get your burgers to the perfect temperature.
- Get a perfect sear on your burgers by making sure the pan or grill are hot.
- Once burgers are placed on the grill or pan, don't touch or press - this releases the juices and can result in a dry hamburger.
❓ Common Questions
What temperature should burgers be cooked to?
According to the USDA, the safe temperature for ground beef hamburgers is 160 degrees F. Here is a temperature guide for cooking burgers so you can gauge the doneness of your burgers.
- Rare: 125 to 130
- Medium Rare: 130 to 135
- Medium: 135 to 140
- Medium Well: 140 to 150
- Well Done: 150+
Are peanut butter burgers good?
Yes! Peanut butter burgers are delicious! I might be partial as this is my recipe, but I've made it many times, and it was a huge hit each time.
A peanut butter burger with bacon and cheese is unique and delicious - a great flavor profile mix - salty, sweet, and spicy (not too spicy). Give it a try!
Is this burger keto-friendly?
If you serve this burger over lettuce, and use a sugar free relish or jelly this peanut butter burger with bacon is keto-friendly and has only 7.6 net carbs, 42.2 grams of fat, and 33.5 grams of protein,
Can you make a peanut butter bacon burger in advance?
You can make burgers in advance but they taste best right off the grill or just out of the pan. It would be best to form your patties then store in your refrigerator up to 2 days before cooking. The spicy 'n sweet relish can be made in advance and stored up to 2 weeks.
If you want to cook these in advance, allow them to cool then store in an airtight container in your refrigerator up to 3 days.
Looking for more delicious burger recipes? Check out these unique burger recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers (Low Carb Keto Burgers)
- The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger)
- Southwest Turkey Burgers On The Grill Recipe
Here are a few more grilling recipes you might enjoy:
- How To Grill A Ribeye Steak
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe (Dry Rub Grilled Chicken)
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe (Grilled Pork Back Ribs)
- Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe (Shrimp Louie Salad)
- Herbed Butter Steak (Simple Steak Recipe Grilled)
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried these Peanut Butter Burgers, I'd love for you to come back and give it a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Peanut Butter Burgers with bacon are a juicy and delicious burger recipe. 🙂 Juicy burgers, bacon, melty peanut butter, jack cheese, and a sweet 'n spicy pepper relish. A bit like a peanut butter and jelly burger! So GOOD. Don't have a grill? Make these a skillet recipe too! Serve on lettuce for a healthy burger recipe that is low carb, gluten-free, and keto recipe. The perfect grilling recipe for your next backyard BBQ or cookout.