Peach BBQ Sauce is the perfect sauce for any summertime grilling recipe! It's sweet from the fresh diced peaches, tangy from the dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar, and has a little kick from the jalapeno - totally delicious! Baste your meat and use it as a marinade, or dipping sauce. Let's make it!
You'll ❤️ This Peach Barbecue Sauce Recipe
"Peach BBQ sauce is absolutely delicious! It's a sweet and tangy BBQ sauce with a little kick and the perfect balance of fruitiness. It goes on just about anything you can cook on the grill - and it just SINGS Summer!!"
Summertime Peaches. Grilling season is here, and I couldn't be more excited to share this peach BBQ sauce with you all! It is even better with fresh in-season peaches; you can even grill the peaches ahead of time to add extra flavor.
It's time to try something new! This isn't your ordinary BBQ sauce! It's flavorful, thick, and rich - with a fruity twist. It's delicious and totally unique. Use it on any chicken, pork, fish, shellfish, or even burgers.
Healthy. This sauce is much healthier than store-bought! It has no preservatives, it's gluten-free, low carb, and you can easily substitute honey or a brown sugar substitute (I use a brown/gold allulose) - with no loss of flavor.
🥘 Ingredients Needed For Homemade Peach BBQ Sauce
Here are the ingredients you will need to make peach barbecue sauce:
- Olive oil
- Red onion - red onion adds the best flavor! In a pinch, you could use a sweet white onion.
- Ketchup - use regular or sugar-free.
- Yellow Peaches - fresh is best as they have the most flavor! Frozen may be used in a pinch.
- Dijon mustard - you can substitute grainy mustard, yellow mustard, or another favorite.
- Apple cider vinegar - you can also use rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Brown Sugar - use regular brown sugar or if you need to reduce your sugar content use brown/gold allulose. You can also use honey as the sweetener.
- Fresh Jalapeno - fresh diced jalapeno is best. This sauce is mildly spicy, but if you're unsure use half a jalapeno.
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: bourbon or whiskey
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make This Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce Recipe
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making peach barbecue sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Saute your onions and jalapeno until tender. Once tender, reduce your heat to low. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook the mixture, stirring frequently for about 15 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Let the sauce cool slightly, then transfer the mixture to a blender and process until smooth. Start on low speed then increase to high to avoid splattering.
🥗 How To Use It
Here are a few ways to serve dijon peach barbecue sauce:
- Meal idea! Serve this homemade barbecue sauce over Boneless Country Style Ribs on the Grill with a side of Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad or Grilled Romaine Hearts. Love peaches? End your meal with this homemade Peaches and Cream Ice Cream. 🙂
- Use it as a dipping sauce for these Gluten Free and Keto Chicken Tenders made in your air fryer or oven!
- Make a PB&J burger and serve it on this Peanut Butter Burger with Bacon instead of the pepper relish! Your family will LOVE it.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Give it a smoky flavor and use smoked paprika, chipotle powder, or a few drops of liquid smoke.
- Substitute frozen, thawed peaches for fresh peaches if needed.
- To make habanero peach bbq sauce, substitute chopped habanero pepper for the jalapeno (or use a combination).
- Make it bourbon peach barbecue sauce! Add one to two tablespoons of bourbon or whiskey when simmering. So good!
- Give it a tropical twist - try combining mango and peaches!
- Spice it up by adding fresh diced jalapeno, red pepper flakes, or your favorite hot sauce!
💭 Top Tips
- Make-ahead tip! Make it up to three days ahead of time and store it in the fridge until needed.
- Remember, stir frequently. The natural sugars from the peaches or added brown sugar will increase the chance of burning. Watch your heat on the grill to prevent burning.
- Purchase fresh peaches to use in this sauce. It will have the best flavor and consistency compared to canned or frozen.
Store the bbq sauce in the refrigerator in an air-tight container or plastic sauce bottle for up to 5 days. You can definitely prepare it ahead of time, but be sure to use it within five days of preparation, as fresh peaches are a perishable food item.
Peach bbq sauce will last about 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
Place 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced peaches in a sauce pan with 6 ounces of store-bought bbq sauce (1 tablespoon of bourbon or whiskey may be added). Heat over medium-low heat, frequently stirring until the peaches are very soft. Transfer to a blender and add 6 additional ounces of store-bought sauce. Blend until smooth and let cool before serving.
Increase tanginess by adding apple cider vinegar.
Increase sweetness by adding honey, molasses, or brown sugar.
Store and freeze the bbq sauce in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 6 months to a year. Make sure to allow your bbq sauce to completely cool in the refrigerator without the lid on before covering and placing it into the freezer. When thawing your bbq sauce, heat in the microwave to loosen the sauce from the edges, and set it on the stovetop in a small sauce kettle on low heat.
✔️ More Grilling Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious recipes to serve with your Peach BBQ Sauce, be sure check these out:
- Grilled Pork Steak Recipe
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe (Dry Rub Grilled Chicken)
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe (Grilled Pork Back Ribs)
Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- 1 small red onion (diced)
- 1 cup ketchup (sugar free or regular)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ cup brown sugar or a sugar free substitute (I used a gold allulose)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey (omit if desired)
- 3 cups fresh peaches (peeled, sliced, then rough chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pot over medium heat and saute onions and jalapeno until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low, and bring to a very gentle simmer. Adjusting heat if needed, continue to cook about 15 minutes. Be sure to stir the sauce frequently!
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. (Tip: cover the blender with a dish towel to prevent any splatters)
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Make it spicier by adding more jalapeno or a bit of hot sauce to taste. Habanero peppers may be used as well. Make it Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce by adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of bourbon or whiskey while simmering (add more to taste after cooking).
- TOP TIPS: Use fresh peaches for the best taste. Frozen peaches (thawed) can be used in a pinch.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve over roasted or grilled chicken, pork chops, pork steaks, boneless country-style pork ribs.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™