Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata (Keto Egg Recipe), is a scrumptious recipe with eggs, salmon, melted cheese, and fresh herbs that is incredibly easy to make. A one-pan healthy recipe, that goes from stovetop to oven in a snap. This recipe is perfect if you are following a keto or low carb diet, are looking for a quick family weeknight meal, lunch, or a healthy breakfast. Read on to find out how to make this super fast recipe!
Why You Will Love This Low Carb and Keto Frittata
This keto egg recipe is so good. Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata is a one-pan, easy to prepare egg dish that goes from stovetop to oven. Super simple!
It tastes really good and smoke salmon really pairs well with gouda, eggs, and fresh dill. By the way, if you don’t like smoked salmon substitute another protein. Bacon or sausage would be just as delicious!
This is a nutrient-rich dish that works well for a keto diet because of the fat content in cheese, salmon, and eggs.
Some Tips For Making This Keto Egg Recipe
You can use a 1o” skillet or 12″ skillet, to bake the frittata in but the baking time changes slightly. For a 10″ skillet bake for about 15 minutes, for a 12″ skillet bake for about 12 minutes. It is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
This low carb frittata is easily adaptable to your tastes, and whatever you have on hand. Feel free to substitute ingredients you don’t like. Try playing around with different herb combinations, different meats (bacon would be yummy), cheeses, etc. The options are endless!
How to Make Keto and Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata
In an ovenproof skillet, saute onions until soft.
Whisk egg, cream, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl.
Add smoked salmon, zucchini, gouda, and herbs to skillet. Pour egg and cream mixture over the top.
Allow to cook until frittata begins to pull away from sides of the pan then put in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes until set.
Bake in over for 12 – 15 minutes until set.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Quick Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast (Low Carb and Keto)
- Juicy Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast (Low Carb and Keto)
- Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
We’d Love To Hear From You
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream (or milk)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup gouda, grated (or other favorite cheese)
- 1/8 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped or 2 tsp dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl whisk eggs, milk or cream, salt, and pepper together.
- In a 10" or 12" oven-proof skillet saute onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until soft. Sprinkle smoked salmon, zucchini, gouda, chives, parsley, and dill over onions distributing evenly in the skillet.
- Immediately pour the egg and milk mixture over the ingredients in the skill and cook until the edges start to pull away (usually 5 or 6 minutes). Bake remaining time in oven until set. (A 10" skillet bakes for about 15 minutes, and a 12" skillet about 12 minutes).
You can easily substitute dried herbs for fresh ones. If using dried herbs it works best to whisk them in the egg and milk mixture first.
Cooked asparagus makes a great substitution in this recipe!
Feel free too experiment with different meats and cheeses. Bacon or sausage is an easy swap for smoked salmon!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 295mg Sodium: 822mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g