Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata, is a scrumptious recipe with eggs, salmon, melted cheese, and fresh herbs that is incredibly easy to make. A one-pan healthy recipe, that goes from stovetop to oven in a snap. This recipe is perfect if you are following a keto or low carb diet, are looking for a quick family weeknight meal, lunch, or a healthy breakfast. Read on to find out how to make this super fast recipe!
Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata
Here's a keto breakfast idea you'll LOVE: Smoked Salmon Frittata. It's an easy skillet recipe - like a crustless quiche. With smoked salmon, eggs, and melted cheese this low carb smoked salmon frittata is so good. A perfect egg recipe with loads of flavor! Also makes a great lunch or dinner! #keto #lowcarb #frittata #crustlessquiche #eggrecipe #skilletrecipe #breakfastrecipe #lunchrecipe #dinnerrecipe #seekinggoodeats #ketobreakfast #salmon #seafood
Why You Will Love This Low Carb and Keto Frittata
| It's DELICIOUS
It tastes really good and smoke salmon really pairs well with gouda, eggs, and fresh dill. By the way, if you don't like smoked salmon substitute another protein. Bacon or sausage would be just as delicious!
| It's EASY
This keto egg recipe is DELICIOUS. Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata is a one-pan, easy to prepare egg dish that goes from stovetop to oven. Super simple!
|It's HEALTHY, LOW CARB, & KETO
This is a nutrient-rich egg recipe that works well for a keto diet because of the fat content in cheese, salmon, and eggs. With 26g of fat, 3g net carbs, and 17g of protein Smoked Salmon Frittata works great for a low carb and ketogenic diet.
26g fat | 3 g net carbs | 17 g protein
What You Will Need to Make Smoked Salmon Frittata
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 10" cast iron skillet (you can use another ovenproof skillet, but I prefer cast iron)
- cheese grater (food processor or traditional grater)
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- large mixing bowl (these are my favorite mixing bowls!)
- liquid measuring cup (these things are timeless!)
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup gouda, or other favorite cheese
How to Make Keto and Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk egg, cream, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl. Set aside.
In a 10" ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, saute onions until soft (1). Reduce heat to medium and add smoked salmon, zucchini, herbs, and gouda to the skillet (2). Pour egg and cream mixture over the top (3). Continue cooking until the frittata begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, 5 to 7 minutes (4). Remove from heat and place in oven.
Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the center is set.
Delicious topped with sour cream and a sprinkle of herbs. Enjoy!
Helpful Tips For Making This Frittata Recipe
- You can use a 1o" skillet or 12" skillet, to bake the frittata in but the baking time changes slightly. For a 10" skillet bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, for a 12" skillet bake for about 12 - 15 minutes. It is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- This low carb frittata is easily adaptable to your tastes, and whatever ingredients you have on hand. Feel free to substitute ingredients you don't like. Try playing around with different herb combinations, different meats (bacon would be yummy), cheeses, etc. The options are endless!
More Egg Recipes - Yum.
- Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Frittata
- Easy Eggs Benedict Frittata With Hollandaise (Keto Eggs Benedict
- Easy Scrambled Eggs With Herbs and Cheese (Low Carb and Keto)
- Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza (Egg Pizza Recipe)
- Easy Keto and Low Carb Egg Recipes (The Best Keto Egg Recipes)
Easy Recipes You Will Love
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Quick Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast (Low Carb and Keto)
- Juicy Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast (Low Carb and Keto)
- Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
We'd Love To Hear From You
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!