Reuben Bake With Meatballs (Keto Reuben Casserole) is so delicious baked with sauerkraut, thousand island, and melted swiss cheese. Simple and easy to make for weeknight dinners - this is a family favorite. Craving a reuben but following a low carb or keto diet? This keto reuben casserole is for you! Enjoy!
Reuben Bake With Meatballs (Keto Reuben Casserole)
Reuben casserole with meatballs is a quick and easy dinner cooked in one pan! Made with tender meatballs, sauerkraut, thousand island mixture, and yummy melted swiss cheese. This one-pan dinner makes life easy! A perfect cast-iron skillet recipe that comes out perfect every time! This low carb and keto reuben casserole is just the thing when you're craving a reuben sandwich. Who wouldn't love a cheesy easy keto casserole that the whole family could eat? #reuben #casserole #keto #lowcarb #ketocasserole #castiron #onepan #seekinggoodeats #meatballs
The Best Reuben Bake!
| Low Carb and Keto Meatballs
This reuben casserole is made with low carb meatballs that are keto-friendly by using nutritional flakes instead of bread crumbs.
| One Pan Meal
Made in an ovenproof skillet, like a cast-iron pan, this casserole is the perfect thing for making an easy one-pan meal. I use my cast iron skillet all of the time. It is one of my favorite pans to use. They last forever! If you don't have one I highly recommend!
| So Delicious
If you love reuben sandwiches you are sure to love this casserole! I love the combination of meatballs, sauce, with the sauerkraut and melted swiss.
| Low Carb and Keto Reuben Casserole
A reuben without the carbs! Yum. As I mentioned before this is a low carb and keto reuben casserole made with meatballs that are low carb - no breadcrumbs! It also uses a sugar-free thousand island dressing.
28.3 g fat | 3.6 g net carbs | 3.5 g protein
What You Will Need to Make Reuben Bake With Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 12" cast iron skillet
- small strainer
- cheese grater
- mixing bowl (I have had this set for YEARS)
- mixing spoon
- measuring spoon
- dry measuring cup
- liquid measuring cups (the best!)
Note: you can save some time by buying keto-friendly meatballs from the store, but they are not nearly as good as homemade!
- 1 lb ground beef, 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 lb pork sausage (or a 12 oz can of corned beef, if following a low carb diet watch the carbs and ingredients)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast or almond flour (you can substitute seasoned bread crumbs if not following a low carb diet)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- ½ tsp parsley, dried
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ⅓ cup ketchup (use keto-friendly (sugar-free) ketchup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter (to grease skillet)
- 2 cup sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 recipe Keto Condensed Cream of Mushroom) or, 1 10.5 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup thousand island dressing (Here's an easy homemade dressing!)
- 1 cup swiss cheese
How To Make Reuben Bake With Meatballs
Make The Meatballs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cast-iron skillet bottom with olive oil or butter.
In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, sausage, nutritional flakes (or breadcrumbs), seasoning, eggs, tomato paste, and ketchup until combined (#1 and 2). Divide mixture into 22 to 24 meatballs and place in your ovenproof skillet (#3). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Make The Sauce and Rest of Casserole
In a small bowl, mix thousand island, cream of mushroom soup, and caraway seeds together (#1). Remove from oven and sprinkle sauerkraut over meatballs (#2). Spread the soup mixture over the meatballs then top with cheese (#3 & 4). Place casserole back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, approximately 15 minutes.
Image: Making Reuben Meatball Casserole | Seeking Good Eats
Homemade Copycat Keto Recipes
- How To Make Thousand Island Dressing (Keto & Low Carb)
- Creamy Keto Mushroom Soup (Condensed Cream of Mushroom)
- Big Mac Sauce Recipe (Keto Big Mac Sauce)
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix
More Skillet Meals To Love!
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas Bake (Low Carb and Keto)
- Cajun Sausage and Peppers Recipe (Keto Sausage Recipe)
- Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Frittata
- Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata (Keto Egg Recipe)
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!