Reuben Bake With Meatballs (Keto Reuben Casserole) is so delicious baked with sauerkraut, thousand island, and melted swiss cheese.
Simple and easy to make for weeknight dinners - this is a family favorite. Craving a reuben but following a low carb or keto diet? This keto reuben casserole is for you! Enjoy!
You'll ❤️ This Reuben Bake with Meatballs
Low Carb and Keto Meatballs
This reuben casserole is made with low carb meatballs that are keto-friendly by using nutritional flakes instead of bread crumbs.
One Pan Meal
Made in an ovenproof skillet, like a cast-iron pan, this casserole is the perfect thing for making an easy one-pan meal. I use my cast iron skillet all of the time. It is one of my favorite pans to use. They last forever! If you don't have one I highly recommend!
If you love reuben sandwiches you are sure to love this casserole! I love the combination of meatballs, sauce, with the sauerkraut and melted swiss.
Low Carb and Keto Reuben Casserole
A reuben without the carbs! Yum. As I mentioned before this is a low carb and keto reuben casserole made with meatballs that are low carb - no breadcrumbs! It also uses a sugar-free thousand island dressing.
28.3 g fat | 3.6 g net carbs | 3.5 g protein
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you will need to make Reuben Bake with Meatballs:
Note: you can save some time by buying keto-friendly meatballs from the store, but they are not nearly as good as homemade!
- 1 lb ground beef, 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 lb pork sausage (or a 12 oz can of corned beef, if following a low carb diet watch the carbs and ingredients)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or almond flour (you can substitute seasoned bread crumbs if not following a low carb diet)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp parsley, dried
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup ketchup (use keto-friendly (sugar-free) ketchup)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter (to grease skillet)
- 2 cup sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 recipe Keto Condensed Cream of Mushroom) or, 1 10.5 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing (Here's an easy homemade dressing!)
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 12" cast iron skillet
- small strainer
- cheese grater
- mixing bowl (I have had this set for YEARS)
- mixing spoon
- measuring spoon
- dry measuring cup
- liquid measuring cups (the best!)
The instructions for making keto reuben casserole is below:
Make The Meatballs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cast-iron skillet bottom with olive oil or butter.
In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, sausage, nutritional flakes (or breadcrumbs), seasoning, eggs, tomato paste, and ketchup until combined (see image one and two below).
Divide mixture into 22 to 24 meatballs and place in your ovenproof skillet (see image three below).
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Make The Sauce and Rest of Casserole
In a small bowl, mix thousand island, cream of mushroom soup, and caraway seeds together (See image four below).
Remove from oven and sprinkle sauerkraut over meatballs (See image five below).
Spread the soup mixture over the meatballs then top with cheese (See image six and seven below).
Place casserole back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly approximately 15 minutes.
Check out these skillet recipes!
- EASY Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole (Keto Low Carb)
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas Bake (Low Carb and Keto)
- Cajun Sausage and Peppers Recipe (Keto Sausage Recipe)
- Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Frittata
- Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata (Keto Egg Recipe)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review Our Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Reuben casserole with meatballs is a quick and easy dinner cooked in one pan! Made with tender meatballs, sauerkraut, thousand island mixture, & yummy melted swiss cheese. This one-pan dinner makes life easy! A perfect cast-iron skillet recipe! This low carb and keto reuben casserole is just the thing when you're craving a reuben sandwich. Who wouldn't love a cheesy easy keto casserole that the whole family could eat? #reuben #casserole #keto #lowcarb #ketocasserole #castiron #onepan #meatballs