Warm crack chicken dip is aptly named because once you start eating it, you won't be able to stop - it's simply addicting! There is lots to love about this flavorful, warm and creamy, cheesy, chicken bacon ranch dip - it's always the first to go at parties. Make it two ways - in the oven or in a slow cooker.
Why You'll ❤️ Warm Crack Chicken Dip
"Some of my favorite dips when I go to parties are the warm cream cheese dips. That's how I came across this dip! Perfect for your super bowl party, game day, holiday, or birthday celebration. "
Every party I ever make this dip for, I can guarantee that I won't be bringing any home. What not to love? A classic combination of flavors that everyone loves to pair with their favorite chips, crackers, and veggies!
One of my favorite combinations of flavors is chicken, bacon, and ranch. This is also one of the most popular dips I make for family and friends! Once you make it you'll know why...it's darn addicting. 😉
This dip is low carb and keto -friendly. Pair with veggies instead of crackers. If you're looking to lower the fat slightly use a light cream cheese and sour cream. Reduce the amount of shredded cheese called for. You can always use a little less bacon as well.
Chicken Crack Dip Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make crack chicken dip:
- Cooked Chicken Breast - you can use either canned, shredded rotisserie, or homemade chicken breast and shred it up.
- Smoked Gouda - you can buy a block and shred your own or purchase pre-shredded to save yourself time.
- Cream Cheese - softened cream cheese is best as it will help mix all ingredients together before baking.
- Sour Cream - use full fat or reduced if preferred.
- Green Onion - freshly sliced green onion as a garnish, or you can substitute chives.
- Bacon - cooked and crumbed, or you can use pre-cooked, crumbled bacon if preferred.
- Ranch Seasoning - any brand preferred. I used a single-serve packet if you have bulk, it measures out to be 2 tablespoons.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper - to taste.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later!
Substitutions and Variations
Here are a few ways you can customize this dip recipe:
- Use low-fat dairy options when making this recipe to help reduce extra fat.
- Add in some fresh or frozen corn, diced green chilies, or freshly diced poblano pepper for a "tex-mex" style dip.
- Use shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, or shredded Colby jack cheese in place of gouda if it is difficult to find or if you prefer a different blend.
- Omit Sour cream if you want your dip thicker, or replace it with extra cream cheese.
How To Make Crack Chicken Dip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Transfer to a greased 1-quart baking dish, or a crockpot.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated and the cheese is melted. Alternatively you can cook this in your crockpot until the dip is hot, about 2 hours.
How To Serve Bacon Chicken Ranch Dip
Here are a few ways to serve this crack chicken dip:
Serve on a chaffle, low-carb tortilla, or serve with vegetables to keep it low-carb! (check out my Basic Chaffle Recipe)
Serve with tortilla chips, Fritos, crackers, or sliced baguette.
Garnish the top with extra shredded cheese, bacon, and sliced green onion.
Chicken Dip with Cream Cheese Tips
- Make sure your cream cheese is very soft, microwave on low for 15 seconds at a time if you need to.
- If you are cooking in a crockpot you can just throw all the ingredients in and come back and stir it together when everything is soft.
- Use a crock pot liner if making it in a slow cooker. This helps so much with clean up after!
- Remember to lightly spray your baking dish with a non stick cooking spray before baking. Even though there is fat in the cream cheese and sour cream, the shredded cheese tends to stick if not greased.
- Make this dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge in an air-tight container until you are ready to bake. I would suggest baking within 3 days of preparing.
Check out our recipe below! Crack dip usually consists of canned or shredded chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, ranch seasoning, shredded cheese of your liking, and a form of chopped onion, whether it be green onions or shallots.
Most prefer to eat their chicken crack over mashed potatoes or rice (including cauliflower rice), but crack dip can be used in wraps, on sandwiches, roasted vegetables, or used as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers, or raw vegetables too!
This dip is downright addicting to all who try it and is a wonderfully-tasty, yet healthy option for those on low-carb or keto diets as well.
Place your leftovers in an air-tight container to cool uncovered and store in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 days.
Reheat your leftovers in the microwave stirring continuously to help the dip from separating. Heat to the temperature you prefer.
Crack Chicken Dip
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) grilled chicken breast (canned or rotisserie chicken is fine too)
- 1 cup smoked gouda (shredded)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (very soft)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green onion
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer to a greased 1-quart shallow baking dish, or a crockpot.
- Oven: Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated and cheese is meltedCrockpot: Slow cooker on low until the dip is hot, about 2 hours.
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™