Pork Rind Nachos (Keto Nachos) are easy to make and so tasty with pork rinds and taco meat. Enjoy as a snack or for dinner! If you follow a gluten-free, low carb, and keto plan - nachos are back on the table again! Heck yeah! 🙂
❤️ Keto Nachos
"I have been craving nachos, but haven't wanted to take the time to make my own chips as many keto nacho recipes call for. Enter pork rinds. Why didn't I think of this before? You'll love the crunch along with the melty cheese and taco meat - so filling and GOOD. Enjoy!" -Kori
Tasty and Easy Appetizer
Pork rind keto nachos are an easy keto and low carb appetizer recipe. Just layer the rinds, meat, and cheese, then bake. When they are done baking, just add your favorite toppings. Voila! Tasty nachos ready in a jiffy.
I love the taco meat with these nachos, but you could just as easily use chicken or pork or skip the meat altogether.
Low Carb and Keto Nachos Recipe
By using original-flavored pork rinds, these nachos are gluten-free, low-carb, and keto friendly. 🙂
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto plan:
4.1 g net carbs | 32.6 g of fat | 20 g protein | 397 calories - pork rind nachos are the perfect keto food!
If you are interested in keto, be sure to get our FREE keto food list and shopping list!
How To Serve
Keto nachos are pretty much a meal of their own, but here are some ways that you can serve them:
- Serve as a hearty appetizer or snack.
- Because of the meat, these pork rind nachos make a great main dish for dinner or even lunch. Make the meat ahead of time and you've got a super quick meal.
- If you are looking for a side dish, a simple fresh side salad would be amazing. Try it with our Avocado Dressing.
- Try topping the nachos with our homemade guacamole - so delicious.
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools you'll need to make these keto nachos with pork rinds:
- Ground Beef (80/20) - you can also use ground or shredded chicken or pork. If you don't want any meat you can skip it completely.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix - my homeade taco seasoning recipe is easy, delicious, and healthy - give it a try! If you don't feel like making your own you can use a store-bought packet.
- Original Flavored Pork Rinds - I recommend plain rinds so that the flavors don't compete with those from the taco meat and your tasty toppings.
- Cheddar Cheese - I used a medium cheddar, but a mild or sharp cheddar would work well. You can also try others such as jack cheese or pepper jack.
- Green Onions - you can also use yellow or red onion for variety.
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Salsa - make sure to use a keto-friendly salsa. There seems to be a variation in carbs and sugar content across brands
- 10" skillet
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
- Baking sheet or a shallow casserole dish
There are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to your pork rind keto nachos:
- Substitute ground chicken or pork for the beef. You could also shred chicken or pork and season with taco seasoning. Heck, you can even go meatless!
- Use any favorite nacho toppings - you don't have to follow my example exactly.
- You don't have to use pork rinds. You can just as easily use keto tortilla chips if you aren't following low carb or keto. For those who are, there are plenty of homemade low carb keto tortilla chip recipes out there, but it is a bit more time consuming.
How To Make
Here's how to make keto nachos!! I also included instructions for using your air fryer too! 🙂
Please see the recipe card below for full details.
Make Taco Meat
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook according to the recipe or package instructions.
Layer Meat and Cheese
On a baking sheet or casserole dish lined with foil or sprayed with nonstick spray, layer pork rinds, cheese, and meat. You'll get a more even distribution of meat, cheese, and rinds if you create three layers.
If using an air fryer for baking nachos, layer the rinds, cheese, and meat directly in the basket. For easy removal, you can line with foil.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F.
Air fry for 3 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with avocado, tomato, black olives, sour cream, and salsa. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Grate your own cheese. Fresh grated cheese melts so much better. Many store-bought grated cheeses are coated with an ingredient that prevents it from sticking together - but it also prevents it from melting properly.
- For best distribution of toppings and rind - layer rinds, cheese, and meat evenly. I ended up with three layers and this seemed to work great!
- Pork rind nachos are best eaten immediately. Like regular nachos made with tortilla chips, they don't keep well and will go soggy.
- Cook your meat, grate your cheese, and chop your vegetables (not the avocado) in advance for a super quick recipe.
How many carbs in pork rinds?
Most pork rinds contain zero carbohydrates, however, some brands have certain flavors that may add carbs. Always check the label. This recipe calls for original flavored rinds which have no additional seasoning, other than salt and pepper.
Are pork rind nachos keto-friendly?
Absolutely! Pork rind nachos are keto-friendly. A typical serving size is 1/2 ounce and contains 80 calories, 5 g fat, 0 carbs, and 7 grams of protein. This may vary slightly between brands, however.
Can you make nachos in advance?
I recommend that you prepare everything in advance then it's just a matter of quickly assembling then baking.
Nachos always taste best when they are fresh out of the oven when the chips are crisp and cheese is melted. If they sit too long they will become soggy.
Recipes Using Pork Rinds
Looking for keto pork rind recipes? Most are using pork rind panko. Here are eight of my favorites:
- Thick Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes (From Fresh or Frozen)
- Homemade Shake and Bake
- Baked Salmon with Mayo and Parmesan Herb Crust
- Air Fryer Salmon Patties
- Green Bean Casserole with Bacon And Cheese
- Baked Zucchini Casserole With Cheese
- Tuna Casserole (Keto Seafood Casserole)
Appetizer and Snack Recipes
Here are some delicious appetizer and snack recipes that are hearty enough as a main dish too! Enjoy!
- Keto Chicken Wings (Dry Rub Chicken Wings)
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes (From Fresh or Frozen)
- Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatball Recipe (Keto Meatballs)
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried these Keto Nachos, I'd love for you to come back and give it a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Pork Rind Nachos. The BEST Keto Nachos
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 recipe or packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (4-ounce) package original flavored pork rinds
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cup green onions diced
- ¼ cup tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook according to the recipe or package instructions.
- On a baking sheet or casserole dish, layer pork rinds, cheese, and meat.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado, tomato, black olives, sour cream, and salsa.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
Tasty pork rind nachos are the BEST keto nachos - both delicious and easy! Pork rinds are low carb and work perfectly if you are following a keto diet. Nachos are back on your menu again! The best part? No need to make time-consuming low-carb chips like many other recipes! These nachos are made with ground beef taco meat, but you can use shredded or ground chicken, pork, or even go meatless. These keto nachos make a filling appetizer or snack, or a main dish dinner or lunch. Enjoy!