This stunning pomegranate maple bacon cream cheese dip is a mouthful to say, but it is a mouthful you'll be going back for again and again! 😉 This dip is served cold and has only six ingredients - making it super quick and easy to make. This gorgeous dip is the PERFECT festive appetizer to serve at all your holiday parties!
Why You'll ❤️ This Cream Cheese Dip
"Sometimes you need a go-to dip that is easy to make (but looks like you put so much time into it). This dip is it! It is so pretty AND tastes amazing. One of my most requested recipes at every gathering. A total hit!"
It's Super Easy Cold Dip
Because this dip is served cold, there is very little preparation that goes into making it. Meaning you can whip it together after work for an after-work party, in the morning for brunch, or anytime!
Bonus: Make this dip a day ahead of time to save you time the day of your party!
This recipe begins with only six ingredients from start to finish. You can easily make alterations or substitutions as well. Check out the variations section below for additional ideas!
This dip is not only delicious, but it is also absolutely beautiful for the holidays! The pomegranate perils are so rich and red in color against the green rosemary, and of course, anything with maple, bacon, and pecans will be addicting.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make easy cream cheese dip:
- Cream Cheese - use your preferred type and brand. My favorite cream cheese, by far, is always the Philadelphia brand.
- Pomegranate Arils - these are pomegranate seeds. You can purchase these in the grocery store, sold separately. You can also purchase the pomegranate whole and harvest your own arils.
- Maple Syrup - use a good quality pure maple syrup for the best flavor. You can substitute with honey if preferred.
- Pecans - purchase already toasted pecans to save yourself time. You can also use candied pecans for sweetness and crunch if you'd like!
- Bacon - fry your own bacon and then crumble it to top your dip. You can also purchase already pre-cooked bacon crumbles to save time.
- Fresh Rosemary - it is important to use fresh rosemary in this recipe for taste and for the beauty of this dip. You can save a full sprig to use as a garnish for your serving dish!
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this cream cheese dip:
Spread Cream Cheese
Place your softened cream cheese in the bottom of your serving dish.
Spread cream cheese to cover the bottom of your serving dish.
Hint: choose a serving dish that will allow the cream cheese to spread evenly and not too thin.
Spread the pomegranate arils over the top of the cream cheese. Then drizzle the top with maple syrup. Lastly, evenly spread the toasted pecans, crumbled bacon, and rosemary.
Serve with your favorite crackers, and enjoy!
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve this pomegranate maple bacon cream cheese dip:
This dip can be made right before your get-together, as soon as your cream cheese is softened - or you can chill the dip ahead of time to bring to your party.
Serve this dip with your favorite crackers! You can also use graham crackers, potato chips, pretzels, or apple slices.
Add other toppings such as sliced green onion or chives, a light dusting of cinnamon on top of your cream cheese, or a splash of fresh lemon juice on top.
Serve as an appetizer for date night, holiday potluck, or even for family brunch! I have made this for my family upon request multiple times as well.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Serve it warm! If you prefer, you can warm the cream cheese in an oven-safe dish before adding your toppings. Spread your cream cheese in your dish and place it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until it is soft and bubbling slightly on the edges. Add your toppings and serve!
- Substitute the pomegranate arils with cranberries if you like.
- Omit or replace the crumbled bacon in this recipe if needed to fit your dietary needs.
- Use honey in place of the maple syrup if preferred. You can even use hot honey if you want to add a little spice!
- Mix in sour cream or plain greek yogurt with the cream cheese if you want to thin it out slightly. This can also add volume to the amount of dip you prepare.
💭 Top Tips
- Double or triple this recipe for the appropriately sized party if taking it to a gathering. Mix multiple blocks of cream cheese, then spread on a platter and top with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make this dip ahead of time! I suggest prepping your ingredients, then placing the cream cheese in your serving dish, covering and storing it in the fridge. When ready, remove cream cheese from the fridge and let it soften. Add your toppings right before serving.
- Leave your cream cheese out at room temperature for a couple of hours to get the perfect softened cream cheese for spreading into your serving dish.
How To Store
Once assembled, this dip is best served in one serving. If you save the leftovers, I suggest storing them in an air-tight container in the fridge and consume within three days of preparing.
Pomegranate goes very well with a nice creamy, salty cheese such as cream cheese, goat cheese, or even feta! You can also pair these sweet and tart arils with a slice of strong aged cheddar cheese for a great combination.
The options are endless, with great pairings with cream cheese. Because it is a mild, creamy, salty cheese, it pairs very well with strong flavors, to compliment. I would suggest many fruits and berries, along with salty bacon, nuts, smoked salmon with salty capers, and many more!
Some of my favorite chips to use with cream cheese are heavier options that will stand up against the thick cheese. Pita chips, wheat thins, Triscuits, ruffle potato chips, pretzels, or tortilla chips are all great options!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you are looking for more simple and delicious appetizers, check these out:
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Air Fryer)
- 45+ Easy Low Carb and Keto Appetizers
- Mini Eggplant Pizzas
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Creamy Dill Salad Dressing - Dip - perfect for dipping veggies in!
- Garlic Parmesan Wings Air Fryer Recipe
Pomegranate Maple Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- ⅓ cup cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Place cream cheese in the bottom of a serving dish
- Spread pomegranate arils over the top of the cream cheese, then drizzle with maple syrup, top with toasted pecans, crumbled bacon, then rosemary.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Salt and pepper to taste if desired. Ajust any ingredient amounts to your liking.
- TOP TIPS: Soften the cream cheese before serving. Prep all ingredients in advance and this will go together in just a few minutes.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a favorite cracker. Cream cheese can be left in a block or can be spread out.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™