Low Carb and Keto Chicken Piccata with spinach, capers, and a delicious lemon butter sauce is super tasty AND tangy. An easy one-pan skillet dinner in less than 30 minutes. Your family is gonna gobble this up!
Low Carb and Keto Chicken Piccata
This chicken piccata recipe is an easy 30-minute one-pan dinner. Low carb and keto chicken piccata is so tasty with spinach, capers and a lemon cream sauce. Using chicken thighs keeps this dish an extra flavorful keto dinner idea. #chickenpiccata #chickenpiccatarecipe #ketochicken #ketogenic #ketodinner #chicken #30minutemeal #skillet #onepandinner #weeknightdinner
Why You Will Love Keto Chicken Piccata!
| It's an easy to make one-pan recipe!
Chicken piccata is an easy one pan recipe to make start to finish it's in your skillet and so good! 30 minutes or less to make, this is a great weeknight dinner.
| It tastes amazing
this recipe tastes amazing chicken piccata with spinach, capers, lemon, and butter chicken capers all come together and just taste amazing.
| Keto and Low Carb Recipe
With 24 grams of fat, only 2 net carbs, and 36 grams of protein, chicken piccata is perfect if you're following a low carb and ketogenic diet!
24 g fat | 2 net carbs | 36 g protein
What To Serve With Chicken Piccata
Here are some suggestions for what to serve with Chicken Piccata:
- Mashed cauliflower
- Mashed potatoes or baked potatoes (not low carb)
- Fresh rolls (not low carb)
- Roasted asparagus or another favorite veggie
- Grilled vegetables such as Grilled Romaine Hearts
- Steamed veggies such as broccoli or cauliflower. Easy Ways to Cook Cauliflower
What You Will Need to Make Chicken Piccata
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 8 to 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of white wine
- 3 tbsp of capers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 oz baby spinach
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
How To Make Low Carb Chicken Piccata
- Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides (#1).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes then flip over (#2).
- Add wine, capers, garlic, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth to pan. Reduce heat and simmer chicken for 8 to 10 minutes or until done (#3).
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Add lemon juice and butter to the skillet. Once butter is melted, add spinach and saute until wilted and tender (#4).
- Serve chicken with spinach and sauces on top. Top with parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts. Serve and enjoy!
- The lemon butter sauce is not meant to be a thick sauce. It's light and tasty! 🙂
- In lieu of spinach, this dish would be equally good with kale or another favorite vegetable such as zucchini or mushrooms. You could also steam asparagus in your microwave for 3 minutes and add to the pan.
- Keep chicken warm by covering a platter with foil and placing it in the oven at 150 degrees.
More Easy Skillet Recipes You'll Love
- Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Frittata
- Cajun Sausage and Peppers Recipe (Keto Sausage Recipe)
- Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Bake
- Reuben Bake With Meatballs (Keto Reuben Casserole)
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas Bake (Low Carb and Keto)
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
Tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Share and tag @seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!