Easy Crockpot Chicken with Creamy Cajun Sauce is chock full of flavor with tender chicken, bell pepper, alfredo sauce, and a zesty Cajun seasoning spice blend.
An easy chicken recipe to make with only 5 ingredients and less than 8 minutes of your time! This recipe is low carb, has no added sugar, and is keto-friendly.
You'll Love Crockpot Chicken with Creamy Cajun Sauce
"This is a super-fast fuss-free recipe you can just toss into your crockpot! My favorite part is the SAUCE - so good! While you can certainly make your own alfredo sauce, a bottled sauce tastes great and it saves a ton of time when you have a busy day coming up." - Kori
Crockpot Chicken with Creamy Cajun Sauce is SUPER easy - just dump it all in your slow cooker, turn it on low for 3 to 4 hours, and voila! Super easy crockpot chicken recipe with minimal effort. It's just the thing when you're in a hurry.
I think you'll love the taste of this recipe. All the seasonings and spices blend perfectly after hours of low and slow cooking. The cajun seasoning gives the recipe some extra zest - and makes the BEST sauce for serving over vegetables or pasta/rice if you are not following a low carb diet. Enjoy!
Healthy Low Carb Keto
With only 7.4 grams of net carbs, this recipe fits really well within a low carb and keto diet. While the percentage of protein is higher than the fat content, you can overcome this by adding additional healthy fat to your serving as needed.
My suggestion is to add the needed fat through your toppings - a drizzle of olive oil, shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, etc.
You can find the full nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card, but here are the most important numbers if you are following a low carb and ketogenic diet:
11.5 g fat | 7.4 g net carbs | 31.2 g protein
How to Serve
Here are some delicious ideas for serving Crockpot Cajun Chicken. Not all of the options are not low carb - sorry. Most people have a family on mixed diets so if you've non low carb keto followers AND carb lovers in your house, I've got you covered!
- Serve over your favorite steamed vegetables such as broccoli or riced cauliflower. Also, try mashed cauliflower - very good!
- Side salad with a favorite dressing.
- Not low carb - serve over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Ingredients and Tools
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14 to 16 oz) jar of bottled alfredo sauce (3 grams of net carbs or less)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced tomatoes with onion, garlic, and peppers
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Optional thickeners: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum mixed with 1 tbsp olive oil or 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp of water.
Here are some different ways you can customize Easy Crockpot Chicken with Creamy Cajun Sauce:
- Add a can of beans, rinsed and drained (not low carb)
- Add a can of corn, drained (also not low carb)
- Substitute different varieties of diced tomatoes
- Add 1 to 2 more cups of fresh vegetables to the crockpot mushrooms, diced carrots, or diced zucchini are my favorite!
- Substitute diced chicken breast for the thighs
- Use 1 1/2 lbs sliced smoked sausage instead of chicken (or do half of each). You could also substitute a browned ground sausage, chicken, or turkey as well.
- Experiment with a different seasoning if you're not into cajun spices. You may need to adjust your salt and pepper, but it's fun to try different seasoning mixes.
Note: if you add additional ingredients you may need to adjust the quantity of seasoning. Also, some ingredients such as fresh vegetables will add more liquid to the pot so you may need to thicken the sauce before serving.
Coat crockpot with nonstick spray. Add all ingredients, cover, and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is done and bell pepper is tender.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, dissolve xanthan gum with olive oil, or cornstarch with water and stir into crockpot. Allow it to sit with the lid off until the sauces start to thicken.
Serve over riced cauliflower or broccoli, or another favorite vegetable. If you have carb lovers in your house serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Some Cajun seasoning is spicier than others. I like to start with 1/2 tablespoon while cooking. After the chicken and sauce are done, I'll do a taste test and add more if needed.
- While every crockpot is different, I have found that this recipe will cook in 3 to 4 hours on low. If you have to keep your crock going longer than this make sure to use chicken thighs (as they are moister than chicken breasts) and use a crockpot that will turn itself to warm when cooking is complete.
- Want your sauce thicker? If your sauce is not as thick as you would like, there are a couple of ways you can thicken it. Add the cornstarch or xanthan gum mixture to your slow cooker and stir. Allow the chicken and sauce to sit for a few minutes in the slow cooker with the lid off.
- Cornstarch. Use 1 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp of water. Add to the chili and stir. Allow chili to sit without lid for a few minutes and it will thicken.
- Xanthan Gum (low carb thickener option). Use 1/2 tsp xanthan gum dissolved in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add to the chili and stir. Allow chili to sit without lid for a few minutes and it will thicken.
How can I reduce the fat in this recipe?
To reduce the fat in this recipe, use a lower fat alfredo sauce and use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs.
How can I increase the healthy fat in this recipe?
You can increase the healthy fat in this recipe by adding toppings such as a drizzle of olive oil, grated cheeses, diced avocado, sour cream, etc.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, this recipe is freezable! Cook and cool the recipe. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, then freeze. To reheat, partially thaw overnight in your refrigerator. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to heating.
How long will this recipe keep in the refrigerator?
Crockpot Cajun Chicken will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator after it has cooked. It makes GREAT leftovers!
📋 Printable Recipe
Here are some related recipes you might enjoy. I've included more cajun and creole recipes as well as some crockpot chicken recipes. All are gluten-free, low carb, keto, and no sugar has been added.
Other Cajun and Creole Recipes You May Enjoy
- Cajun Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Crockpot Jambalaya (Creole)
- Keto Shrimp Creole | by How To This and That
Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Cashew Chicken (Keto Cashew Chicken)
- Quick and Easy Pulled Chicken (Crock Pot) | With Video!
- Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Keto Soup Slow Cooker)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Easy Crockpot Chicken with Creamy Cajun Sauce is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! Only 5 ingredients and less than 8 minutes to get it going in your slow cooker. Chock full of Cajun inspired flavors, tender chicken, and the most amazing sauce EVER. Your family will love this healthy recipe. A low carb, gluten free, keto recipe for the whole family. #crockpot #chicken #cajun #slowcooker #easymeals #easydinner #healthydinner #lowcarb #keto #glutenfree