Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak (Keto Salisbury Steak) is a super easy recipe perfect for weeknight meals! Cube steak made so tender while cooking all day in its rich creamy beef gravy with onions and mushrooms. This is a low carb and keto recipe that is family-friendly and can be enjoyed by everyone.
You're Gonna Love Salisbury Steak!
This salisbury steak is like Sunday supper good - but easy enough for busy weeknights. The meat is tender and the gravy delicious. Total comfort food for the whole family. 🙂 - Kori
An Easy Crockpot Recipe!!
One of my favorite things about making this salisbury steak in the crockpot is that you pretty much dump the ingredients in and go. Come back after 6 hours (or so) and add the sour cream and cream cheese and stir - that's it. Super simple!
It's Family Friendly
This has been a go-to recipe in our house for YEARS. My kids would beg for this growing up! Of course, I loved that I could toss everything in the crock first thing in the morning and not have to worry about dinner during a crazy weeknight!
Low Carb & Keto Salisbury Steak
With 20.2 grams of fat and only 7.3 grams of net carbs, this is a perfect keto dinner idea! This recipe is delicious and satisfy so you won't leave the table feeling hungry - or wanting something more!
You can find the full nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card.
20.2 g fat | 7.3 g net carbs | 23.4 g protein
What You Will Need to Make This Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ to 2 lb cube steaks
- 8 oz whole mushrooms, quartered
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup, or 1 recipe Seeking Good Eats Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed and softened
How To Make Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
Cook Steak in the Slow Cooker
Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add sliced onions to the bottom of the slow cooker, then top with the cube steaks, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, garlic, and pepper. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Add Gravy Ingredients
Once the meat is tender, remove cube steaks and set aside. Add sour cream and softened cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Add cube steak back to slow cooker to keep warm if needed.
Serve and Enjoy!
Serve over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, riced cauliflower, or zoodles. Enjoy!
- You do not need to add any additional liquid to the slow cooker. The meat and other ingredients will create their own liquid.
- Feel free to substitute 1 tbsp minced onion for the small fresh onion. You can also use canned mushrooms in place of the fresh.
- If the gravy is not as thick as you would like, thicken it with a little cornstarch dissolved in a small ladle of sauce. Or, for a low carb thickener option, use ½ tsp xanthan gum dissolved in 1 tsp of olive oil. Add cornstarch or xanthan gum mixture to the slow cooker and stir. Allow the slow cooker to sit with lid off for a few minutes until thickened.
| What is cube steak?
Cube steak is actually a cut of beef. It is very tough and is usually pounded with a meat tenderizer tool. The texture that the tenderizer creates in the beef most often resembles "cubes". Tenderizing steak makes it much more tender to eat.
Because of it's toughness, cube steak makes a perfect cut of meat to use in a slow cooker!
| How can I reduce the fat in Salisbury Steak?
To reduce the fat in this recipe, use fat free cream cheese and fat free sour cream instead of the full-fat versions.
| Can I freeze salisbury steak?
Yes, salisbury steak is freezable! Cook and cool therecipe. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, then freeze. To reheat, partially thaw overnight in your refrigerator. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to baking.
| How long will this recipe keep in the refrigerator?
Salisbury Steak will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator after it has cooked. It makes GREAT leftovers!
More Slow Cooker Recipes!
I have worked full-time for years and it's always a challenge to balance my family and a career. One thing I've never sacrificed is having a sit-down meal as a family in the evenings!
To achieve this the slow cooker has always been my lifesaver for creating delicious meals! Here are some of my favorite crockpot recipes that I've made over the years:
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken (Keto Low Carb)
- Italian Crock Pot Beef Roast (Instant Pot Beef Recipe)
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Keto Soup Slow Cooker)
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Butt Roast (Low Carb Pork Roast)
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breast | by Recipe Rebel
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Easy slow cooker salisbury steak is the perfect recipe for busy weeknights. Easy to make comfort food for the whole family. Cube steak cooked low and slow all day in creamy beef gravy with mushrooms and onions - OH MY. Low carb keto salisbury steak that is family-friendly. You'll love this easy crockpot recipe! #slowcooker #salisburysteak #crockpot #beefrecip #healthyrecipe #lowcarb #keto #seekinggoodeats