Keto Salisbury Steak in your Slow Cooker is a super easy recipe perfect for weeknight meals! Cube steak made so tender while cooking all day in its rich, creamy beef gravy with onions and mushrooms. No messy pan-frying involved! This recipe is family-friendly and will be enjoyed by everyone.
🎥 Watch Video
Why You'll Love This
This salisbury steak is like Sunday supper good - but easy enough for busy weeknights (no messy pan frying involved). The meat is tender and the gravy delicious. Total comfort food for the whole family. 🙂 - Kori
Easy Crockpot Recipe
One of my favorite things about making this salisbury steak in the crockpot is that you pretty much dump the ingredients in and go. Come back after 6 hours (or so) and add the sour cream and cream cheese and stir - that's it. Super simple!
This has been a go-to recipe in our house for YEARS. My kids would beg for this growing up! Of course, I loved that I could toss everything in the crock first thing in the morning and not have to worry about dinner during a crazy weeknight!
Gluten Free Low Carb Keto
This is a perfect gluten free, low carb, and keto dinner idea with 20.2 grams of fat and only 7.3 grams of net carbs! This recipe is delicious and satisfying, so you won't leave the table feeling hungry - or wanting something more!
You can find the complete nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card.
20.2 g fat | 7.3 g net carbs | 23.4 g protein
How To Serve
Serving low-carb Salisbury steak is a breeze. Since the recipe is intended to be a super easy weeknight meal, it's best to keep your sides simple too. Here are some suggestions for serving:
- Serve over riced cauliflower if you are following a low carb and keto diet. If not, mashed potatoes or rice go perfect with this dish.
- Steamed or roasted vegetables make a great side dish. For a list of keto vegetables see this list.
- Another favorite of mine is to serve a fresh green salad with a favorite dressing such as Italian dressing, French, Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, etc.
- I also have a recipe for a delicious overnight layered salad that can be made 24 hours before serving - it will keep for several days so you can eat on it for multiple meals!
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools that you'll need to make slow cooker Salisbury steak! Only 8 ingredients! 🙂
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Cube steaks
- Whole mushrooms, quartered
- Can cream of mushroom soup, or 1 recipe Seeking Good Eats Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Garlic, minced
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese, cubed and softened
- Optional: xanthan gum as a thickening agent
Here are the instructions for making keto salisbury steak recipe - super easy in your slow cooker!
Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Add sliced onions to the bottom of the slow cooker, then top with the cube steaks, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, garlic, and pepper.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Once the meat is tender, remove cube steaks and set them aside.
Add sour cream and softened cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
Add cube steak back to slow cooker to keep warm if needed.
Serve and Enjoy!
Serve over pasta, rice, mashed potatoes, riced cauliflower, or zoodles. Enjoy!
- You do not need to add any additional liquid to the slow cooker. The meat and other ingredients will create their own liquid.
- Feel free to substitute 1 tbsp minced onion for the small fresh onion. You can also use canned mushrooms in place of the fresh.
- If the gravy is not as thick as you would like, thicken it with a little cornstarch dissolved in a small ladle of sauce. Or, for a low carb thickener option, use 1/2 tsp xanthan gum dissolved in 1 tsp of olive oil. Add cornstarch or xanthan gum mixture to the slow cooker and stir. Allow the slow cooker to sit with lid off for a few minutes until thickened.
What is cube steak?
Cube steak is a cut of beef that can be very tough. It is usually pounded with a meat tenderizer tool. The texture that the tenderizer creates in the meat most often resembles "cubes." Tenderizing steak makes it much more tender to eat.
Because of its toughness, cube steak makes a perfect cut of meat to use in a slow cooker!
How can I reduce the fat in Salisbury Steak?
To reduce the fat in this recipe, use fat-free cream cheese and fat-free sour cream instead of the full-fat versions.
Can I freeze this low carb salisbury steak?
Yes, salisbury steak is freezable! Cook and cool the recipe. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, then freeze. To reheat, partially thaw overnight in your refrigerator. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking.
How long will this recipe keep in the refrigerator?
If stored in an air-tight container, salisbury Steak will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator after it has been cooked. It makes GREAT leftovers!
More Keto Slow Cooker Recipes
I have worked full-time for years, and it's always a challenge to balance my family and a career. One thing I've never sacrificed is having a sit-down meal as a family in the evenings!
To achieve this, the slow cooker has always been my lifesaver for creating delicious meals! Here are some of my favorite keto low carb slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken (Keto Low Carb)
- Italian Crock Pot Beef Roast (Instant Pot Beef Recipe)
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Keto Soup Slow Cooker)
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Butt Roast (Low Carb Pork Roast)
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breast | by Recipe Rebel
⭐ Let's Connect
If you tried Keto Salisbury Steak, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Keto salisbury steak in your slow cooker is the perfect recipe for busy weeknights. Easy to make comfort food for the whole family. Cube steak cooked low and slow all day in creamy beef gravy with mushrooms and onions - OH MY. Slow cooker salisbury steak that is family-friendly. You'll love this easy crockpot recipe! #slowcooker #salisburysteak #crockpot #beefrecipe#healthyrecipe #lowcarb #keto #seekinggoodeats