Lasagna Stuffed Peppers (Keto Stuffed Peppers), is an easy to make Italian recipe that everyone will love. Marinara sauce, sausage, herbs, and melted cheese come together in a perfect healthy serving that tastes delicious! This recipe is keto, low carb, and gluten-free!
Lasagna Stuffed Peppers (Keto Stuffed Peppers)
Keto stuffed peppers with a tasty lasagna filling. Lasagna stuffed peppers are filled with sausage, gooey melted cheeses, and marinara. This keto recipe makes an easy weeknight dinner and a perfect make-ahead recipe. Sure to become a family favorite as everyone loves lasagna! #italian #lasagna #stuffedpeppers #keto #lowcarb #ketogenic #seekinggoodeats #ketogenic
You’ll Love These Lasagna Keto Stuffed Peppers!
|Easy Stuffed Peppers
Quick and easy stuffed peppers stuffed with your favorite lasagna ingredients are the way to go! Just make your stuffing mixture and spoon into precooked peppers. Bake until hot and bubbly – this will be in and out of your oven in no time.
|Make Ahead Stuffed Peppers
Another perfect make-ahead stuffed pepper recipe. In fact, I make these all the time on the weekend and let them sit in the fridge ready for baking a few days later. Super convenient!
|Change Up From Classic Stuffed Peppers
This lasagna version is a great alternative to classic stuffed peppers!
The beauty of bell peppers is that they taste great and you can stuff them with so many delicious things!
|Keto and Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
Both keto and low carb, these peppers are a healthy recipe that you’ll feel good about eating.
A nutritional analysis is below, but here is a summary:
net carbs 9.2 g | fat 23.6 g | protein 15.6 g
What You’ll Need to Make Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
- 13 x 9 baking dish
- measuring cups and spoons (these are on my to-buy list! love the cute colors! :-))
- cheese grater or food processor (this is my food processor and it makes quick work of grating cheese!)
- mixing bowl (I’ve had this exact set for years. They are a perfect weight, do not move around on the counter while stirring, and are really good quality.)
- fry pan
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- bell peppers (any color)
- italian sausage
- marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- mozzarella (fresh grated)
- ricotta or cottage cheese
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish
How To Make Lasagna Keto Stuffed Peppers
Preheat oven to 350° F. Assemble ingredients. Wash peppers. Slice peppers lengthwise in half through the middle and remove the seeds.
Cook The Peppers
Place peppers in a microwave-safe dish with 3 to 4 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave 10 minutes or until peppers are soft.
Cook The Meat
In the meantime, brown the Italian sausage until cooked through.
Make Lasagna Filling
In a bowl combine meat, garlic, 16 oz of marinara sauce, ricotta, 1/8 cup parmesan, 2 cups mozzarella, and Italian seasoning.
Stuff and Bake
Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place cooked peppers inside the dish and generously stuff with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake 350 ° F for 20-30 minutes until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted.
Serve with additional marinara sauce and a garnish of basil.
More Italian Recipes You’ll Love!
- Easy Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan (Eggplant Gratin)
- Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza (Egg Pizza Recipe)
- Keto and Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
Common Questions About Italian Stuffed Peppers
|What Sides Go With Stuffed Peppers?
Steamed broccoli or a salad with a low carb or keto-approved salad dressing go really well with these lasagna stuffed peppers.
Of course, if you have non-keto followers and carb lover’s in your house serve with a side of pasta marinara. This will make everyone in your family happy.
|How Do I Reheat Stuffed Peppers?
You can reheat stuffed peppers in the oven, by covering them with foil and baking at 350° F until warm inside. An alternative is warming in the microwave oven.
|Should I boil my peppers before stuffing them?
To reduce the baking time, you can boil peppers before stuffing them or you can steam in the microwave for 10 minutes. Make sure to slice your peppers in half and take the seeds out, per the recipe instructions.
I like steaming in the microwave because it is quicker and hands-off which makes my life easier.
|Can You Freeze Stuffed Peppers?
You can freeze stuffed peppers. My preferred method is to make the recipe first – stuffing and baking the peppers, then freezing in airtight containers. Thaw and bake until heated through at 350° F
Freeze them individually for the perfect make-ahead lunch or single-serving dinner!
|How Long Will Stuffed Peppers Keep In The Fridge?
Stuffed peppers will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
|How Long Can You Freeze Peppers?
Peppers can be frozen up to 8 months, but I prefer to use stuffed peppers within 3 to 6 months.
|How Long Do Stuffed Peppers Take To Cook?
This recipe takes anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to bake, but the bell peppers are steamed in advance while I’m preparing the lasagna filling.
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s what you can do to help:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
- 4 medium bell peppers (any color)
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 2 cups mozzarella (fresh grated)
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 tsp. italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Assemble ingredients. Wash peppers. Slice peppers in half through the middle and remove seeds.
- Place peppers in a microwave-safe dish with 3 to 4 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave 10 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- While peppers are cooking, brown the italian sausage until cooked through.
- In a bowl combine meat, garlic, 16 oz of marinara sauce, ricotta, 1/8 cup parmesan, 2 cups mozzarella, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place cooked peppers inside the dish and generously stuff with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 350 ° F for 20-30 minutes until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321 Total Fat: 23.6g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 990mg Carbohydrates: 11.9g Net Carbohydrates: 9.2g Fiber: 2.7g Sugar: 6.5g Protein: 15.6g