Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is so easy to make in your pressure cooker. Delicious healthy homemade soup with the convenience of your Instant Pot. This soup is dairy-free, gluten-free, low carb, and keto making it perfect for your whole family.
🎥 Watch Video
❤️ Vegetable Beef Soup Instant Pot
"What I love about this soup, besides being delicious, is that it's all made in one pot and is quite simple to make. I love making homemade healthy soups for my family. This one makes great leftovers, AND it can be frozen." -Kori
Pressure Cooker Convenience
Vegetable beef soup in Instant Pot is so convenient!! I love being able to do every step in the pressure cooker, from searing the beef, sauteeing the vegetables, to pressure cooking the soup.
Using a pressure cooker is addicting, don't you think? I've got some favorite go-to appliances - a coffee pot, slow cooker, and an air fryer. My pressure cooker is one of my most used appliances - it will never win out over my coffee maker, though! LOL
Soup is total comfort food, don't you think? There is just something like a warm bowl of soup on a cold day. To me, soup is like a warm cozy hug. 🙂
This vegetable beef soup recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, low carb, keto, and no sugar is added.
With only 7.9 grams of net carbs, 15.6 grams of fat, and 27.4 grams of protein, this instant pot vegetable soup with beef should fit nicely into your dietary requirements.
If you would like to add more healthy fat to this recipe, you can use additional olive or butter when sauteeing vegetables (don't add butter when searing meat or it will burn). I also like to add diced fresh avocado and add to my bowl of soup.
You can find the full nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card, but here are the most important numbers if you are following a low carb and ketogenic diet:
15.6 g fat | 7.9 g net carbs | 27.4 g protein
How to Serve
Vegetable beef soup is really a meal in one, but having a simple side or toppings is a great option. Here are a few ideas of how you could serve this soup:
- Serve with a fresh green salad with a favorite dressing such as Blue Cheese Dressing or Thousand Island Dressing
- I like to serve my soup sprinkled with some fresh herbs, some green onion, and diced avocado.
- Steamed or roasted vegetables - it's great to add more vegetables to your diet.
- Overnight layered salad - I often make this salad over the weekend, usually Sunday, then eat on it for several days and take it for lunches too.
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe
- Anyone not following a low carb or keto diet will love this soup with some crackers to sprinkle over the top or warm crusty bread to dip in the soup.
Here are the ingredients and tools you'll need to make Instant Pot beef vegetable soup. For exact amounts see recipe card! 🙂
- Beef Chuck Roast - cut into 1" cubes.
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Onion - we used yellow onion, but red or any favorite onion will work.
- Mushrooms - I used white button mushrooms but you could also use baby portobellos. They have a nice beefy tase.
- Garlic - it is best to use fresh garlic in this recipe
- Thyme - you can use dried thyme or fresh thyme. My rule of thumb is 1 tsp dried for 1 tbsp fresh herbs.
- Beef Broth - use beef broth or a beef one broth. You can also use vegetable broth but beef has a richer taste.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes - As you can see from the video I added diced and stewed tomatoes.
- Fresh Parsley
The tools and equipment you'll need for making this beef soup recipe are as follows:
- 6 quart Instant Pot or other Pressure Cooker brand
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Soup Ladle
Here are a variety of ways you can make substitutions or customize your vegetable beef soup recipe:
- Use different vegetables. You add vegetables to this soup or even take away the ones you don't like. I love to add diced zucchini and even baby spinach.
- Use frozen vegetables such as green beans, peas, and carrots.
- Play around with your favorite herbs. Use fresh or dried and experiment. 1 teaspoon of dried herbs is equal to about 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs. Italian seasoning is always a good season blend that works with many recipes.
- You can make this into a chicken soup with chicken instead of beef. Skip the searing step, and use chicken broth instead of beef broth. Pressure cook on High, 5 minutes, and do a quick pressure release.
Here's how to make beef vegetable soup, instant pot convenience, right? 🙂
Prep and Assemble Ingredients
It is always helpful to prepare and assemble all of your ingredients in advance.
Season and Sear Beef
In a bowl, toss the beef with salt and pepper.
Select Saute setting, high temp. Add olive oil to the pot and heat until hot enough that the beef sizzles when added to the pot. Sear 1/2 the beef cubes until brown, about 5 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan. Remove and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the remaining beef. (See image 1 below)
Add onion, carrots, and mushrooms to the pot. Saute for about 5 to 7 minutes until tender. (See image 2 below)
Add garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
Add Remaining Ingredients
Add thyme, bay leaf, beef, beef broth, diced tomatoes to the pot. (See image 3 below)
Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook for 27 minutes. Once pressure cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then follow up with a quick release.
- To lower the salt content in this soup, use 1 tsp of salt instead of 2. Use an unsalted beef broth. Adjust any remaining seasoning to your liking.
- Cut your meat into uniform pieces 1" for consistent cooking.
- To increase the fat content, use additional olive oil to sear the beef and saute vegetables. You can also use butter to saute vegetables. Do not add butter; when you sear the beef, it will burn.
- Sear the beef over high heat. Preheat the pot and oil before adding beef. The beef should sizzle when you add it to the pot. If it doesn't sizzle, the oil is not hot enough. I like to test with one piece of beef. If it's not hot, I remove it.
- Do not overcrowd the pot when searing the beef, or you will get too much liquid, and you will "steam" the beef instead of searing. Seering the beef gives the soup a lot of flavors.
What is the best cut of meat for vegetable beef soup?
The best cuts of meat for vegetable beef soup is chuck roast or beef round steak.
Can you cook meat and veggies together in instant pot?
Yes, you can cook meat and vegetables together in an Instant Pot. Many recipes will ask you to sear the meat first, remove it, then add the vegetables to saute. When the vegetables are cooked according to the recipe, you add the meat back into the pot and continue with it.
Do you need to brown meat before pressure cooking?
Browning the meat before pressure cooking gives it a nice caramelization and adds additional flavor to your recipe.
If you are short on time, you can skip this browning. Keep in mind that you will lose some flavor, however. You can add back some of this flavor by adding 1 tsp of beef bouillon base.
Can I freeze vegetable beef soup?
Yes, you can definitely freeze this soup. Make sure it is cool first, then put it in a freezer-proof, airtight container. Freeze for up to 4 months.
How long will this soup keep?
This soup will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator. If you want to save it from there, you can freeze it until you are ready to eat.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Here are several more pressure cooker recipes that you might enjoy:
- Best Corned Beef Recipe (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce (Keto Low Carb)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (Instant Pot BBQ Pork)
- Italian Crock Pot Beef Roast (Instant Pot Beef Recipe)
More Soup Recipes
All of the Instant Pot soup recipes below are low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, and ketogenic. Enjoy! 🙂
- Creamy Beef Taco Soup (Keto Instant Pot Soup Recipe)
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb Keto Soup Recipe)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried this Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup, I'd love for you to come back and give it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! 🙂
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is a delicious recipe made super convenient with your pressure cooker. This beef soup is perfect when you want a homemade healthy soup. This beef soup is dairy-free, gluten-free, low carb, keto, and had no added sugar. You whole family will enjoy #soup #instantpot #pressurecooker #beefsoup #vegetablesoup #lowcarb #glutenfree #dairyfree #keto #SeekingGoodEats