The BEST Crockpot Jambalaya Creole recipe that is super simple to make. Rich with your favorite Creole flavors – tomatoes, sausage, shrimp, and Creole seasoning blend. This dish is low carb, keto, and gluten-free. Enjoy!
Crockpot Jambalaya (Creole)
You’re gonna love this Easy Crockpot Jambalaya Recipe! Full of amazing flavor with smoked sausage, shrimp, tomatoes, and Creole seasoning. Make it as mild or as spicy as you want! It’s an easy low carb and keto slow cooker recipe. So satisfying and filling. Slow cooker jambalaya is a perfect weeknight dinner idea! #crockpotjambalaya #slowcooker #keto #dinner #lowcarb #smokedsausage #shrimp #seafood #creole #jambalayarecipe #jambalayarecipeeasy #jambalayarecipecrockpot
You’ll Love This Jambalaya Slow Cooker Recipe
| Easy Jambalaya Recipe
Jambalaya in the slow cooker is super easy. You simply chop up your vegetables, add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot, cook for 3 to 4 hours then add shrimp the last 30 minutes. Voila! An easy and VERY tasty Jambalaya recipe!
I love quick and simple dinners from the crockpot. There is nothing worse than having to face making dinner after an exhausting day – especially when you’re trying to follow a diet. Early evening is time of day is when I typically “fall-off-the-diet-wagon”
| Tastes Delicious!!
I think you’ll love this recipe as it is so full of flavor! This recipe is not too spicy and not too mild. There is just something about the combination of tomatoes, Creole seasoning, smoked sausage, and shrimp. SO DANG GOOD.
If you’re into spicy then by all means dress it up with more Creole seasoning or hot sauce. I start on the mild side for my family as it’s easier to add spice than to take it away. I have a mix of mild and spicy eaters in my house.
| Low Carb and Keto Recipe
This is a very satisfying dish if you are following a low carb or keto diet. Not only is it filling, but it has so much delicious flavor. I never leave the table craving something else or wanting more after I’ve had this for dinner. Do you know that feeling?
The full nutritional analysis of this recipe is included in the recipe card, but the most important for keto followers is:
net carbs 8.5 g | 16.4 g | protein 8.5 g
What Do You Serve With Jambalaya?
This recipe could almost be a meal in one as you have both protein and vegetables included. Because it has a really nice sauce, I like to serve it in shallow bowls and over something. Here are some delicious sides to ladle your jambalaya over:
- Rice or pasta (not low carb)
- Crusty breast or rolls (also not low carb – sorry)
- Riced cauliflower or riced broccoli
- Steamed vegetables
What You Will Need to Make This Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 12 oz package smoked sausage, sliced (you can also substitute andouille sausage)
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb raw peeled and deveined medium shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- optional: red pepper sauce for more heat!
How To Make Crockpot Jambalaya
Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. In a 4 to 6 quart crockpot, add onion, bell pepper, celery, diced tomatoes, smoked sauce, Creole seasoning, parsley, and dried thyme. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours until vegetables are tender.
Finally, stir in shrimp and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until they turn pink. Be careful not to overcook shrimp. Adjust seasoning and heat to your liking.
Serve over rice, riced cauliflower, or steamed vegetables. Enjoy!
- Every crockpot is slightly different and I have found this dish to be best when the vegetables are just tender. My crockpot had this done in about 3 1/2 hours.
- Once you add the shrimp, only cook until they are pink to avoid becoming rubbery. This is typically about 30 minutes.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce to go over vegetables you can use a little thickener if you like. My favorite low carb way to thicken the sauce is with xanthan gum. I mix about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon with about 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil and mix into the dish. A little xanthan gum goes a long way – it doesn’t have the word “gum” in it for nothing! 🙂
| What’s the difference between creole and cajun?
The difference between creole and cajun mainly has to do with the spices used and whether tomatoes are used. Creole recipes often use tomato-based sauces. Very generically, if the dish is brown it is usually cajun, if it is red it is creole.
| How long will jambalaya keep?
Jambalaya will keep for approximately 3 to 4 days.
| What is holy trinity in cooking?
The holy trinity in cooking creole and cajun recipes is the use of green peppers, onions, and celery. This combination of vegetables makes of the base of many creole and cajun recipes.
| Can I substitute cooked shrimp in jambalaya?
Yes! You can substitute cooked shrimp in the recipe. The shrimp must be fully cooked, thawed, and peeled. Add the shrimp only long enough to warm up. In other words, if they cook too long they can become rubbery.
More Easy Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love
Here are a few of my favorite EASY crockpot recipes! These have a bit of International flair – go ahead and try something new! 🙂
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Low Carb Keto Beef Stroganoff)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Thai Chicken Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken | by Diethood
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!