Pistachio Crusted Salmon will be on your table in less than 25 minutes with 9 ingredients! Flaky salmon with remoulade sauce and a roasted pistachio crust - so delish! Keto, low carb, dairy-free, gluten-free.
Salmon is the perfect flavorful seafood for quick meals and an easy healthy dinner recipe.
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Pistachios Crusted Salmon
"I have always loved seafood, but salmon is one of my all-time favorites! This is a unique recipe with a remoulade sauce and a pistachio crust that is so delicious and super easy to make! Enjoy!" 🙂 -Kori
Quick and Easy
The beauty of seafood, besides the taste, is how quick it is to cook!
With seafood, I think simple, easy recipes are the best. You also don't want any overpowering ingredients. I think this recipe is a good mix of flavors that go wonderfully with the salmon.
I think you'll love that this recipe is low carb, keto, dairy-free, Whole30, gluten-free, and has no added sugar! So, on top of being easy, it's also quite healthy. Yay!
For those following a dairy-free, Whole30 diet or keto make sure that the mayo that you choose will fit into your diet. Luckily there are so many pre-made mayonnaise options that are dairy-free and use whole ingredients.
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto diet:
17.8 g fat | 2.1 g net carbs | 40.1 g protein
How To Serve
Salmon goes with so many things! Here are some ways that you can serve pistachios crusted salmon:
- A fresh side salad with a favorite dressing like thousand island or bleu cheese dressing.
- Steamed or roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, or zucchini.
- Crockpot Green Beans and Ham (Low Carb Keto) - a very easy side dish you can throw together in your crockpot that uses a ham hock for flavor.
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make this healthy salmon recipe:
- Salmon Fillets - fillets with skin or without will work. It is best when they are all uniform in size.
- Pistachios - buy the lightly salted and shelled pistachios. If you can't find lightly salted, then buy regular but adjust the salt called for in the recipe down a bit. You can also add salt, but you can't take it away!
- Dijon Mustard - another mustard that is really good if you can find it is dill mustard! So delicious with this recipe.
- Lemon Juice
- Dill - dried or fresh
- Parsley - dried or fresh
- Garlic - fresh minced
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Optional - lemon wedges and fresh parsley as a garnish
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum Foil - I used nonstick. You could also use regular foil and spray with a nonstick spray.
- Small mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Small spoon or pastry brush - for spreading sauce over salmon
- Chef knife or a food processor - to chop pistachios
- Cutting board - chop pistachios first, then lay salmon on paper towels to dry.
- Measuring spoons
- Paper towels - to dry salmon fillets
There are several ways you can vary or change this recipe:
- Use a creamy salad dressing as a substitute for the mayo. You may need to adjust your herbs, salt, and pepper slightly, but it is quite delicious.
- Use a mixture of panko bread crumbs and parmesan instead of pistachios.
- Play around with your favorite herbs if you don't like dill or parsley.
Here's how to make pistachio crusted salmon:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill, parsley, garlic, pepper, and salt.
Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel and lay, skin side down, on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick coating.
Coat and Crust
Spread mayonnaise mixture over the top of each piece of salmon. Top with pistachios.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges and some diced fresh parsley.
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator 15 to 20 minutes before cooking and allow to come to room temperature.
- You can use 1 large piece of salmon instead of 4 individual ones. Increase the baking time slightly to accommodate.
- Take salmon out of the oven when it is just barely flaking and cover with foil. Let sit for 5 minutes, and salmon will continue to cook. This will keep it from becoming too dry.
How long will salmon keep in the refrigerator?
Salmon does not keep very long. Cook within 2 days. Frozen salmon that has been thawed needs to be used within 1 day.
How can you lower the fat in this recipe?
Use a fat free mayonnaise to lower the fat in this salmon recipe.
Can I bake my salmon in an air fryer?
Yes! Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F then cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Here are some more seafood recipes that you might enjoy:
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes (From Fresh or Frozen)
- Parmesan Crusted Air Fryer Tilapia (Keto Low Carb)
- Keto Low Carb Smoked Salmon Frittata Recipe
- Low Carb Tuna Casserole (Keto Seafood Casserole)
- The Best Low Carb Keto Shrimp Tacos
- Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe (Shrimp Louie Salad)
- Baked Salmon with Mayo and Parmesan Herb Crust
- Crockpot Jambalaya Creole Recipe (Keto Low Carb)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon will be on your table in less than 25 minutes! Here's an easy baked salmon recipe! With only 9 ingredients, it's a perfect low carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, and keto recipe. Salmon is the perfect flavorful seafood for quick meals and an easy dinner recipe. #salmon #seafood #lowcarb #keto #salmonrecipe #healthydinner #healthyrecipe #salmonrecipehealthy #dairyfree #glutenfree #seekinggoodeats