Pistachios Crusted Salmon will be on your table in less than 25 minutes with 10 ingredients! Flaky salmon with remoulade sauce and a roasted pistachio crust - so delish! Keto, low carb, dairy-free, gluten-free.
Salmon is the perfect flavorful seafood for quick meals and an easy healthy dinner idea.
🎥 Recipe Video
You'll ❤️ This Recipe
"I have always loved seafood, but salmon is one of my all-time favorites! Pistachios crusted salmon has a unique twist with its tangy remoulade sauce and a salty pistachio crust. It's delicious and super easy to make! Enjoy!" 🙂 -Kori
Quick and Easy
The beauty of seafood, besides the taste, is how quick it is to cook!
Because seafood is always so quick to cook I love to keep it simple and easy. Pistachios crusted salmon will be on your table in less than half an hour! Hooray to that!
I think you'll love that this recipe is low carb, keto, dairy-free, Whole30, gluten-free, and has no added sugar! So, on top of being easy, it's also quite healthy. Yay!
For those following a dairy-free, Whole30 diet or keto make sure that the mayo that you choose will fit into your diet. Luckily there are so many pre-made mayonnaise options that are dairy-free and use whole ingredients.
17.8 g fat | 2.1 g net carbs | 40.1 g protein
🥘 What You'll Need
Here's what you'll need to make this pistachios crusted salmon recipe:
- Salmon Fillets - fillets with skin or without will work. It is best when they are all uniform in size.
- Pistachios - buy the lightly salted and shelled pistachios. If you can't find lightly salted, then buy regular but adjust the salt down if needed. Be sure to finely chop the pistachios.
- Dijon Mustard - another mustard that is really good if you can find it is dill mustard! So delicious!
- Lemon Juice
- Dill - dried or fresh
- Parsley - dried or fresh
- Garlic - fresh minced
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Optional - lemon wedges and parsley as a garnish
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum Foil - I used nonstick. You could also use regular foil and spray with a nonstick spray.
- Small mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Small spoon or pastry brush - for spreading sauce over salmon
- Chef knife or a food processor
- Cutting board -
- Measuring spoons
- Paper towels - to dry the salmon
🔪 How To Make Pistachio Crusted Salmon
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill, parsley, garlic, pepper, and salt.
Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lay, skin side down, on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick coating.
Coat and Crust
Spread mayonnaise mixture over the top of each piece of salmon. Top with pistachios.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.
🥗 How To Serve
Salmon goes with so many things! Here are some ways that you can serve pistachios crusted salmon:
- A fresh side salad with a favorite dressing like thousand island or bleu cheese dressing.
- Steamed or roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, air fryer green beans, or zucchini.
- Crockpot Green Beans and Ham - a very easy side dish you can throw together in your crockpot that uses a ham hock for flavor.
There are several ways you can vary or change this pistachio crusted salmon recipe:
- Use a creamy salad dressing as a substitute for the mayo. You may need to adjust your herbs, salt, and pepper slightly, but it is quite delicious.
- Use a mixture of panko bread crumbs and parmesan instead of pistachios.
- Play around with your favorite herbs if you don't like dill or parsley.
💭 Top Tips
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator 15 to 20 minutes before cooking and allow to come to room temperature.
- You can use 1 large piece of salmon instead of 4 individual ones. Increase the baking time slightly to accommodate.
- Take salmon out of the oven when it is just barely flaking and cover with foil. Let sit for 5 minutes. This will keep it from becoming too dry.
How long will salmon keep in the refrigerator?
Salmon does not keep very long. Cook within 2 days. Frozen salmon that has been thawed needs to be used within 1 day.
How can you lower the fat in this recipe?
Use a fat free mayonnaise to lower the fat in this salmon recipe.
Can I bake my salmon in an air fryer?
Yes! Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F then cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
✔️ More Seafood Recipes
Here are some more seafood dishes you might enjoy:
- Smoked Salmon Frittata Recipe
- Low Carb Tuna Casserole (Keto Seafood Casserole)
- Keto Shrimp Tacos
- Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe (Shrimp Louie Salad)
- Baked Salmon with Mayo and Parmesan Herb Crust
- Crockpot Jambalaya Creole Recipe
⭐ Let's Connect
Pistachios Crusted Salmon will be on your table in less than 25 minutes! Here's an easy baked salmon recipe! With only 10 ingredients, it's a perfect, gluten-free, dairy-free, and keto recipe. Salmon is the perfect flavorful seafood for quick meals and an easy dinner recipe. #salmon #seafood #lowcarb #keto #salmonrecipe #healthydinner #healthyrecipe #salmonrecipehealthy #dairyfree #glutenfree #seekinggoodeats
Leave a Reply