Thick Shake and Bake Pork Chops are surprisingly easy to make and result in flavorful juicy pork chops. Cooking thick pork chops can be a challenge, but with this recipe, you’ll never fear thick pork chops again!
Thick Shake and Bake Pork Chops (Keto)
You’ll Love These Pork Chops!
Moist and Juicy Pork Chops.
“I tried making thick pork chops years ago and totally dried them out. Ever since I’ve been afraid of them – until I made them this way. Voila! Tasty juicy pork chops every time!.” -Kori
Easy To Make!!
This recipe is so simple and easy! First you coat the pork chops with olive oil and then the seasoning. From there you sear them in your oven proof skillet, then finish them off in the oven.
Low Carb and Keto Pork Chops
Thick Shake and Bake Pork Chops are a perfectly healthy meal option when following a ketogenic diet. If you make our Copycat Shake and Bake recipe it is made with pork rinds, almond flour, and spices.
The pork rinds add the additional healthy fat you are looking for and once you brush the chops with olive oil you’ve added even more of the fat you need.
The full nutritional analysis of this recipe is included in the recipe card, but the most important for keto followers is:
net carbs 1 g | fat 20 g | protein 34.8 g
What To Serve With Thick Shake and Bake Pork Chops
Pork chops are always great served with the following sides:
- Steamed vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans.
- With riced cauliflower or riced broccoli.
- Baked Zucchini Casserole With Cheese or Cauliflower Cheese
- A salad. Try our layered salad! It’s a make-ahead salad that is perfect for get-togethers but you can also make it for dinner one night then eat leftovers for the next few lunches!
- Green Bean Casserole
- Applesauce (not low carb but super kid-friendly). Remember? Pork chops and applesauce as a kid?
What You’ll Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 cup Copycat Shake and Bake Mix or 1 packet of Shake and Bake Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 thick pork chops about 1-1/2″ to 2″
How To Cook Pork Chops
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove pork chops from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Brush pork chops with olive oil and place in a plastic bag. Add shake and bake seasoning to the bag, close and then toss to coat.
In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat sear pork chops for 3 minutes per side.
Place pan directly in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees in the center. Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Note: the temperature will reach the USDA’s recommended temperature of 145 degrees while resting.
- Bring your pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
- Always use an instant read thermometer to test doneness. Cook the prok chops only until they reach 140 degrees in the center. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let sit. This allows the juices to re-absorb into the meat.
- Even if you don’t follow a low carb keto diet, give the Copycat Shake and Bake seasoning a try. The pork panko used in the recipe adds additional moisture to the meat.
How long will pork keep uncooked?
Uncooked pork chops will keep from 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
What temperature should pork be cooked to?
Pork should be cooked to 145 degrees according to the USDA’s recommendation. In this recipe we cook the pork chops to 140 degrees, remove from the oven, then cover with foil and let them sit. The internal temperature of the pork chops will increase to 145 degrees as they sit.
How to season pork chops
You can season pork chops any number of ways. The simplest way is to season is with kosher salt and pepper. Experiment with different seasoning either from your spice cabinet or grab a readymade spice seasoning from the store. So many options!
You can also try this recipe and use our low carb pork chop seasoning, Copycat Shake and Bake Seasoning. You can also use regular Shake and Bake.
Is shake and bake keto-friendly?
Traditional Shake and Bake is not keto-friendly as it has 22 grams of carbs! As opposed to our Copycat Shake and Bake recipe which has only 1 gram of net carbs!
More Low Carb Keto Seasoning and Sauce Recipes
Here are some more easy and delicious seasoning recipes you can try! All our low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto recipes. Enjoy!
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix (Healthy Taco Seasoning Recipe)
- Dry Rub For Chicken – The Best Dry Rub!
- Copycat “Big Mac Sauce” Recipe (Sugar Free & Keto)
- Homemade Sugar Free Ketchup (Keto) | by Sugar Free Londoner
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Juicy thick shake and bake pork chops are easy to make with this recipe. Pork chops go from skillet to oven in one pan. Seasoned pork chops in the oven result in moist pork chops and a perfect weeknight dinner. Using Copycat Shake and Bake seasoning this recipe is healthy, low carb, sugar free, gluten free, and only 1 net gram of carbs! #shakeandbakeporkchops #thickporkchops #skilletrecipe #porkchopsintheoven #lowcarb #keto #sugarfree #glutenfree #healthyrecipe #dinneridea #dinnerrecipe