Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats with ground beef, homemade healthy taco seasoning mix, fresh zucchini, and cheese baked in the oven with just 10 minutes of prep. The best part – these are Keto and Low Carb.
Don’t you just love zucchini? It just has so much flavor when its cooked and there are so many things you can make with it. We had a craving for tacos lately and have been eating taco salads and tacos with lettuce wraps. Both were good, however, we were looking for something different. Since we had an overabundance of zucchini in the garden, it all came together one evening – Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats.
If you are on a diet then I know you can appreciate any recipe that makes us forget we’re on a diet. This one definitely fits the bill. There is just something about melted cheese that makes me all warm and fuzzy. LOL!
What to Serve with Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
This really is an all in one meal, but we serve it with diced tomatoes, avocado, sliced olives, green onions, sour cream and salsa. Oh so good!
How to Make Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise and then hollow out centers with a spoon. Place in baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the zucchini are tender.
**Grilling version! A tasty option for sure. Grill your zucchini over medium high heat instead of baking. It adds a whole new chargrilled taste you’ll love.
This is completely optional, but I like to put the scooped out zucchini insides, in with the pan of taco boats while it is baking. I just don’t like to waste anything and it ends up mixing with the taco meat and cheese and becomes extra filling. Yum!
While your zucchini is baking, brown your ground beef
Once ground beef is browned, drain liquied, and add taco seasoning mixture along with 3/4 cup of water. Cook until liquid is evaporated and the mixture is to your desired consistency.
You can find my healthy homemade version, HERE. It’s healthy and easy to make. No need to buy the taco seasoning packets from the store anymore!
Top with spoonfuls of the taco meat. No specific quantities here, just spoon in what the zucchini will hold with ingredients piled up. Top with cheese and bake for additional 10- 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
** Grilling version! Instead of baking heat grill to medium high heat. Lay foil that has been sprayed with nonstick spray on grill. Place stuffed zucchini on top. Close lid and grill until cheese has melted.
Voila! The zucchini are ready to eat. Top with sour cream, salso, avocado, green onions, olives, etc. Anything that is your favorite taco topping. Enjoy!
- 3 to 4 medium size zucchini of similar length
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 recipe Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix (seekinggoodeats.com)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup of cheese
- Additional toppings if desired: diced tomato, sliced olives, avocado, salsa, and sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray
- Wash and slice zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon scoop out seeds and center pulp.
- Place in baking pan, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake until zucchini are tender, approximately 30 - 35 minutes (depending upon the size of your zucchini)
- While zucchini is baking, brown ground beef, then add taco seasoning mix and ¾ cup of water.
- Cook over medium high heat for 5 to 10 minutes or however long it takes for liquid to reduce and meat mixture to reach desired consistency. Keep taco mixture warm while waiting on zucchini to bake
- Remove zucchini from the oven.
- Spoon meat mixture into zucchini boats and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
Popular Recipes You’re Gonna Love:
- Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix
- Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- Quick Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast (the best!)
I Would Love to Hear From You!
- Tell me how your healthy eating plan going? How do you juggle your diet plan with your lifestyle and family needs?
- Let me know how you like these recipes. Maybe you made the recipe but a different variation? I would love to know that too!
- Get your recipe featured on this site! Feel free to send any of your favorite recipes and I’ll select a few from our readers to add to our site – and we’ll give you all the credit! Please only send recipes of your own creation!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up For Our Newsletter So You Don’t Miss Any Recipes
I’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get all the tasty goodness straight into your inbox. xoxo