Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats with ground beef, homemade healthy taco seasoning mix, fresh zucchini, and cheese baked in the oven with just 10 minutes of prep. The best part – these are Keto and Low Carb.
Don’t you just love zucchini? It just has so much flavor when its cooked and there are so many things you can make with it. We had a craving for tacos lately and have been eating taco salads and tacos with lettuce wraps. Both were good, however, we were looking for something different. Since we had an overabundance of zucchini in the garden, it all came together one evening – Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats.
If you are on a diet then I know you can appreciate any recipe that makes us forget we’re on a diet. This one definitely fits the bill. There is just something about melted cheese that makes me all warm and fuzzy. LOL!
What to Serve with Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
This really is an all in one meal, but we serve it with diced tomatoes, avocado, sliced olives, green onions, sour cream and salsa. Oh so good!
How to Make Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
Slice your zucchini in half lengthwise and then hollow out centers with a spoon. Place in baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the zucchini are tender.
**Grilling version! A tasty option for sure. Grill your zucchini over medium high heat instead of baking. It adds a whole new chargrilled taste you’ll love.
This is completely optional, but I like to put the scooped out zucchini insides, in with the pan of taco boats while it is baking. I just don’t like to waste anything and it ends up mixing with the taco meat and cheese and becomes extra filling. Yum!
While your zucchini is baking, brown your ground beef
Once ground beef is browned, drain liquied, and add taco seasoning mixture along with 3/4 cup of water. Cook until liquid is evaporated and the mixture is to your desired consistency.
You can find my healthy homemade version, HERE. It’s healthy and easy to make. No need to buy the taco seasoning packets from the store anymore!
Top with spoonfuls of the taco meat. No specific quantities here, just spoon in what the zucchini will hold with ingredients piled up. Top with cheese and bake for an additional 10- 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
** Grilling version! Instead of baking heat grill to medium-high heat. Lay foil that has been sprayed with nonstick spray on the grill. Place stuffed zucchini on top. Close lid and grill until the cheese has melted.
Voila! The zucchini are ready to eat. Top with sour cream, salsa, avocado, green onions, olives, etc. Anything that is your favorite taco topping. Enjoy!
More Easy Low Carb Recipes You’re Gonna Love:
- Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix
- Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- Quick Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast (the best!)
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s what you can do to help:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
- 3 to 4 medium size zucchini of similar length
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 recipe Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix (seekinggoodeats.com)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup of cheese
- Additional toppings if desired: diced tomato, sliced olives, avocado, salsa, and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Wash and slice zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon scoop out seeds and center pulp. Place zucchini in the baking pan, season with a little salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake until zucchini are tender, approximately 30 – 35 minutes (depending upon the size of your zucchini).
- While zucchini is baking, brown ground beef, then add taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water. Cook over medium high heat until liquid is reduced and meat mixture to reach desired consistency. Keep taco mixture warm while zucchini is baking.
- Remove zucchini from the oven. Spoon warm meat mixture into zucchini boats, and top with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
To increase healthy fat content in this recipe, you can garnish with additional cheese, avocado, sour cream, and olives. Yum.
Keywords: low carb mexican recipes, keto mexican recipes, zucchini recipes, easy recipes, healthy recipe