Passion Fruit Martini is a refreshing and very tasty cocktail recipe that will transport you straight to the tropics. With tangy passion fruit, a hint of vanilla, smooth vodka, and a twist of lime - it tastes (and smells) like a vacation in a cocktail glass! 🙂 Bonus: make it a regular cocktail or our skinny no added sugar version.
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Why You'll Love This
"This isn't your typical martini recipe! It's a tropical passion-fruity explosion that is simply delicious! It's my happy drink - and takes me away to my favorite beach every time. lol" 🙂 -Kori
Only a few ingredients and steps to making this amazing cocktail recipe.
One of my favorite martini recipes! If you've never tried a passion fruit martini before you are in for a treat. Not only does this cocktail taste delicious but it smells amazing too. Passion fruit has a very heady scent that is very unique and wonderful.
This cocktail will have you longing for sandy beaches!
Make it Skinny
Turn this into a skinny cocktail and reduce the amount of sugar, here's how:
- Make your own sugar free simple syrup by using a sugar substitute with a 1:1 sugar ratio. Instruction are below in the FAQs section.
- Don't want to make simple syrup? Use 1 or 2 packets (start with one) of stevia or other sweetener and 1/4 teaspon vanilla extract. Add to the cocktail with all the other ingredients.
- Use an unsweetened fruit juice or extra fruit puree and omit the liqueur. Because the fruit is so tangy you will need to add additional sweetener. Either add an extra ounce of vanilla vodka or omit the 1 ounce of liqueur altogether.
🍸 How To Serve
Here are some ways to "mix up" your passion fruit cocktail and make it even more festive and fun:
- Serve in a chilled (or frozen) martini glass if desired.
- Float a slice of passion fruit or even a thin slice of lime on top.
- Serve with a colorful straw
- Dip the rim of your martini glass in water then a vanilla flavored sugar
- Make it a porn star martini and serve with a chilled shot of sparkling wine, champagne, or Prosecco on the side.
- Serve in a cocktail glass over ice then top off with sparkling water, soda, or even ginger beer.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Passion Fruit Martini Recipe:
See the recipe card for exact quantities.
- Vanilla Vodka - use vanilla or plain.
- Passion Fruit Liqueur - For test purposes I used Passoa passion fruit liqueur, but in case you can't get your hands on a bottle, I also used a ready mixed and sweetened passion fruit juice (Welchs and our local store brand make a pre-mixed juice that were both good). For the sugar free version of this recipe do not use liqueur as it is uses quite a bit of sugar.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup - you can make your own simple syrup, the recipe is below in the Questions section. You could also use bottled vanilla syrup like Torani or other brand. To make the skinny verison of this cocktail, be sure to use a sugar substitute. You can also use the sugar free Torani French Vanilla as a short cut, but you may need to adjust the sweetner up or down according to your tastes.
- Passion Fruit Purée - You can purchase puree or pulp, or it's super easy to make your own! See our recipe for making passion fruit purée.
- Lime Juice - always use fresh squeezed lime juice
- Passion Fruit Slices - this is completely optional but it's so pretty to float a slice of passion fruit on top.
Equipment and tools needed to make this martini recipe with passion fruit:
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to thi passionfruit martini recipe:
- Passion fruits are quite tart so feel free to adjust the sweetener up or down to your liking.
- Use lemon in place of the lime.
- Use plain or vanilla vodka. You could technically even use another fruit flavored vodka for a unique taste.
- Substitute a mixed fruit juice for passion fruit juice or use an alternate fruit purée.
- I prefer a little extra vanilla in my cocktail but you can omit the vanilla simple syrup and use regular simple syrup if desired. You can also skip the simple syrup and use a packet of sugar substitute and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. You can use a real sugar packet but the granules will not dissolve.
- For other flavored martini's you could substitute any flavored liqueur and pair it with a similar juice or fruit - like pear, apple, etc.
Here's how to make a passion fruit martini:
For complete instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
If needed, make vanilla simple syrup and puree the passion fruit. Slice fruits and wedge your lime.
Add ice to a cocktail shaker, top with vodka, liqueur or passion fruit juice, simple syrup, passion fruit puree, and lime juice.
To make this a sugar-free passion fruit martini, omit the liqueur or sweetened passion fruit juice. Use 2 extra ounces of the puree and an extra 1/2 to 1 ounce of sugar-free vanilla simple syrup instead. Adjust the sweetener to your tastes.
Place lid on the shaker and shake until well chilled.
Strain the cocktail into a martini glass.
Garnish with a slice of passion fruit.
Check out our How To Serve section above for more ways to serve this cocktail recipe.
💭 Top Tips
- Where I live, passion fruit can be a challenge to find. For me it was easier to just order online and have it delivered rather than drive all over the state.
- If you can't find passion fruit liqueur see below, or omit and use a premixed sweetened passion fruit juice.
- If you can't find fresh passion fruit for the garnish or puree, omit the garnish and substitute a frozen or pre-made puree
How do I make vanilla simple syrup?
Making your own vanilla simple syrup is easy.
- Add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar (or sugar substitute with a 1:1 sugar ratio), and 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Where can I buy fresh passion fruit?
If your local market does not carry fresh passion fruit you can order it from Amazon. I actually did have mine delivered and it arrived perfectly ripe and delicious. I only used a few of the fruits then I removed the pulp of the rest and froze it in portions for later use.
Note that you will have to buy a box of about 2 dozen (or more), but you can use it for so many things - like turn it into your own passion fruit puree and freeze it in portions for later, or even make curd or jelly!
Where can I buy passion fruit liqueur?
If your local liquor store does not carry or is out of passion fruit liqueur, you may be able to buy it online and have it delivered. There are several companies that will ship and deliver alcohol (ReseveBar and Bitters and Bottles). Keep in mind that whether it can be delivered will depend on which state you live in.
✔️ More Cocktail Recipes
If you are looking for more fantastic cocktail recipes, check these out:
- Skinny Lemon Mojito
- Irish Mule Cocktail Recipe
- Cranberry Mojito
- Irish Cream Recipe (Sugar Free Keto Cocktail)
⭐ Let's Connect
If you tried this Passion Fruit Martini, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Passion Fruit Martini
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Shaker
- Small Cutting Board
- Martini Glass
Passion Fruit Martini
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice, sweetened (or, 1 ounce passion fruit liqueur)
- 1 ounce passion fruit puree
- ½ ounce vanilla simple syrup
- Lime juice from ¼ of a lime
- Optional: slice of fresh passion fruit to garnish
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces sugar (you can use regular sugar or a granulated sugar substitute with a 1:1 sugar ratio)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Passion Fruit Martini
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker, top with vodka, passion fruit juice (or liqueur), vanilla simple syrup, passion fruit puree, and lime juice.
- Place lid on the shaker and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and adjust any ingredients to your liking.
- Garnish and garnish with a slice of passion fruit.
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan add water, sugar, and vanilla extract. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, let cool. Use or store in an airtight container in your refrigerator. (Note: make it sugar-free by using a granulated sugar substitute with a 1:1 sugar ratio.)
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Use vanilla or plain vodka; substitute sweetened passion fruit juice for passion fruit liqueur; use a sugar-free vanilla simple syrup to make this a skinny cocktail. See notes in the 'Healthy' section of our post.
- SKINNY PASSION FRUIT COCKTAIL: this version has no added sugar. Omit the passion fruit liqueur/sweetened juice, and use 2 extra ounces of passion fruit puree. Make our vanilla simple syrup with a sugar substitute and use an additional 1/2 to 1 ounce, according to taste.
- TOP TIPS: Adjust the sweetness of this drink up or down according to your tastes.
- VARIATIONS: Make it a porn star martini by serving a shot of champagne, sparkling wine, or prosecco on this side!
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™
Passion Fruit Martini is a refreshing and very tasty cocktail recipe that will transport you straight to the tropics. With tangy passion fruit, a hint of vanilla, smooth vodka, and a twist of lime - it tastes (and smells) like a vacation in a cocktail glass. The perfect alcoholic beverage for your next get-together or party. Make with vanilla vodka or plain vodka and passion fruit liqueur. #passionfruitmartini #martinicocktail #adultbeverage #cocktailrecipe #vodka #vanillavodka #alcholicbeverage