This Irish Mule Cocktail Recipe is a refreshing skinny cocktail that you can make in minutes. Only 3 ingredients needed plus garnish. Just like a Moscow Mule only with an Irish twist. This cocktail is sugar-free, low carb, and keto-friendly. Sláinte!
You'll Love an Irish Mule
"An Irish Mule is a quick to make cocktail and so pretty served in a mule mug. A great year-round drink! See below for unique ways to "mix up" this cocktail. If you don't want a skinny cocktail use regular ginger beer. Enjoy! " -Kori
Quick to Make
A simple to make, easy cocktail recipe with only 3 ingredients plus a garnish of lime and mint. I make this cocktail all year long because it is so refreshing. It is particularly festive in a copper mug which makes it fun to serve over the holiday or St. Patricks Day too!
Sometimes simple is the best. You will love the combination of ginger beer, lime, and whiskey. I like to mash a little mint in mine as well.
No Added Sugar, Low Carb, and Keto
With only 2.5 grams of net carbs, 0 fat, and 0 grams of protein the Irish Mule fits nicely into a low carb and keto diet. Another bonus - they are sugar-free and low calorie!
You can find the full nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card, but here are the most important numbers if you are following a low carb and ketogenic diet:
0g fat | 2.5g net carbs | 0.1 g protein | 147 calories
Here are some different ways you can make substitutions or customize your Irish Mule:
- Substitute vodka for the Irish whiskey and you will have a Moscow Mule.
- Mash some mint in the drink for more of a minty taste. So good!
- Add a little cranberry juice to give it a holiday twist.
- Garnish with a pear slice and add a little pear liqueur (not sugar-free) or substitute pear vodka.
- Use regular ginger beer if you don't like the diet and sugar-free version.
- Play around with different sparkling soda or flavored sparkling water. If you use unsweetened, make sure to adjust with a little sugar or sugar substitute.
Ingredients and Tools
- Juice of 1/2 lime (add more to your taste)
- 1 to 2 oz Irish whiskey
- Cold bottle of ginger beer (sugar-free diet)
- Lime wedges
- Sprig of mint
- Fill mug halfway with ice cubes.
- Add lime juice
- Add vodka
- Top off with ginger beer and stir. Adjust lime to taste.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and sprig of mint and a festive straw.
- Adjust the lime juice as needed. Some limes are really juicy and tart. Some are not.
- Muddle a little mint in the bottom of your mug for a more minty fresh taste.
- Make sure your ginger beer is cold. It is helpful to have all your ingredients chilled.
- If you are serving for a party pre-prep your ingredients. That way you'll be able to mix these cocktails quickly and have them into your guest's hands in no time!
- You do not have to use a copper mug. Copper mugs have been traditionally used to make Moscow Mules and Irish Mules but it is not necessary at all!
What is an Irish mule?
An Irish mule is a tasty, easy to make cocktail made with Irish whiskey, lime juice, and ginger beer. This version used a sugar-free ginger beer to make it a skinny cocktail, but you can use easily substitute a regular ginger beer.
How do you clean Moscow mule mugs?
Hand wash with gentle dish soap and dry with a soft towel.
To polish a copper mug mix 3 parts baking soda with 1 part vinegar. Using a sponge apply the mixture to the mug. Let sit for 10 minutes. Rub with the sponge and rinse with warm water drying with a soft towel.
You can also use half a lemon and some table salt. Sprinkle the table salt on the lemon half then rub directly on the mug. Rinse, wash, and hand dry.
Looking for more cocktail ideas? Here are some of my favorites cocktail recipes.
- Low Carb Cranberry Mojitos (Sugar Free Keto Cocktail)
- Irish Cream Recipe (Sugar Free Keto Cocktail). Add this to coffee and you have an Irish Coffee 🙂
- Skinny Lemon Mojito Recipe
- Southern Sweet Tea (Sugar Free Keto Sweet Tea) + bourbon + sprig mint = tasty Southern-inspired cocktail
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
This Irish Mule cocktail recipe is so refreshing and light! It is also a sugar-free, low carb, and keto cocktail. Only 147 calories, 2.5 g net carbs! Make this cocktail recipe anytime but it's a festive enough holiday cocktail for St. Patricks Day, Christmas, or New Year's. An easy cocktail recipe that is also a healthy recipe! #lowcarb #muledrinkrecipe #moscowmule #sugarfree #keto #ketogenic #skinnycocktail #cocktails #adultbeverage #drink #whiskey #stpatricksday #holidaycocktail #newyears #irishmule