This mini low carb Eggplant Pizza recipe is super quick and easy enough to make any night of the week! Only 5 ingredients, less than 30 minutes - and you'll have this on the table! Bonus: it's low carb, gluten-free and keto.
Why You'll ❤️ It
"Eggplant pizza is so good it helps me satisfy that pizza craving and stick to my diet. If a craving strikes - you'll have these faster than you can get pizza delivered."
There's no fighting over who gets which eggplant pizza because everyone can make their own! Everyone can put whatever toppings they like, so it's personalized.
Dinner or Appetizer
Serve your mini pizza for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer!
Super quick to make! Make this recipe on the table in under 30 minutes! They keep really well, so they make a great lunch the next day; just reheat in your microwave or an air fryer (the quickest ways).
No traditional pizza dough is used here; only roasted eggplant is used as the pizza dough for these fun personal-sized pizzas. With only 3 net carbs, this recipe is gluten-free, low carbohydrate, and keto friendly!
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make Mini Eggplant Pizza:
Eggplant - globe eggplant is the traditional style you'll find at your local market. Look for the size you would want for your eggplant pizza.
Olive Oil Spray - substitute for an alternative if you prefer.
Ground Black Pepper
Pizza sauce - substitute marinara sauce if you prefer. Look for a sugar-free sauce if following keto.
Pepperoni - use mini pepperoni or halved larger pieces.
Sliced Black Olives - canned sliced are what I usually use. If you don't like them just leave them off.
Mozzarella - you can either grate your own, buy pre-shredded or use fresh ball mozzarella and cut it to size.
Optional Toppings: fresh basil, diced onion, green bell pepper, and sliced green onion.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here's how to make eggplant pizza:
Slice the eggplant into approximately 8 half inch thick slices.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone liner.
Roast the Eggplant
Place eggplant in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Spray both sides of the eggplant with olive oil spray, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the eggplant is fork tender and soft, but not mushy.
Make the Pizzas
Remove from the oven and spread pizza or marinara sauce over each slice. Top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and any other toppings!
Place back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted about 5 to 8 minutes.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve these low carb eggplant mini pizzas:
Serve these as an appetizer or as a meal!
Meal Idea! Serve eggplant pizza with a fresh green salad with Italian Dressing.
I highly recommend adding fresh basil on top of your pizza for some bright flavor!
Add seasonings to your pizza, such as Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, or red pepper flakes.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to your eggplant pizza:
- Make this recipe with any of your favorite pizza toppings, such as olives, bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, or anything else!
- Keto followers be sure to use sugar free pizza sauce.
- Substitute the pepperoni with cooked crumbled Italian sausage or ground beef.
- Make it Hawaiian eggplant pizza! Use small cubed cooked ham with pineapple (not keto).
- Substitute any ingredients in this recipe for the ones that you prefer.
💭 Top Tips
- Use your air fryer for cooking the eggplant and finishing the pizzas. Preheat to 350 degrees F and place the eggplant slices in the basket. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes (checking often) until they are tender. Top with pizza ingredients then cook until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Broil your eggplant pizzas at the end if you're looking to brown your cheese.
How To Store
To store, place into an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. I've also stored my pizza in 1-gallon zip lock bags too!
How To Reheat
Microwave - reheat in your microwave on low setting until warm.
Air Fryer - Reheat in your air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3 to 5 minutes until warm.
Oven - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake until heated all the way through.
How To Freeze
Freeze in a 1-gallon, zip lock bag or in an air-tight container for up to a month.
Yes, you most definitely can! Eggplant is said to bring both savory and sweet notes to all dishes including some smokiness and crispness, especially when baked on top of pizza! You can look to this ingredient to pack lots of flavor.
The skin is edible and full of antioxidants but can get tougher to eat depending on the age and size of your eggplant. Younger and smaller are much more edible, yet the skin of an older, larger eggplant can be a bit tough and bitter.
You do not need to soak the eggplant slices in this recipe.
✔️ More Eggplant Recipes
If you love eggplant, here are some more gluten free, low carb, and keto eggplant recipes I think you might enjoy:
- Easy Eggplant Lasagna
- Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Healthy Tomato and Eggplant Salad
Mini Eggplant Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound eggplant (cut into approx (8) ½" thick slices)
- 100% olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce (Keto: use sugar free)
- 2 ounces pepperoni (mini slices or halved slices)
- ½ cup sliced black olives (omit if you don't like)
- 1 cup mozzarella (grated)
- optional toppings: diced onion, green bell pepper, and sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone liner.
- Place eggplant on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spray both sides of eggplant with olive oil spray then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and fork tender, but not mushy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread marinara sauce over each of the slices. Top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and any other toppings.
- Place back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Use any favorite topping - olives, green bell pepper, onion, etc. Substitute cooked and crumbled Italian sausage or ground beef for the pepperoni. Make it Hawaiian and use cubed cooked ham with pineapple (not keto).
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a fresh green salad with Low Carb Keto Italian Dressing.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™