This keto pizza chaffle recipe is perfectly sized and topped with ooey gooey cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni. SO good!!! If you're new to keto, chaffles are going to be your new best friend. Make them into pizza crusts, buns, or tacos! Perfect for a quick meal or snack!
🎥 Recipe Video
Why You'll ❤️ This Pizza Chaffle Recipe
"A pizza chaffle is the solution to one of my biggest cravings and most favorite food! This keto chaffle pizza has a delicious crust that can be topped with any favorite ingredient"
The great thing about a pizza chaffle is you can add spices and flavors to make it taste however you want it to! It is so flavorful and delicious because the cheese in the chaffle gets all melted and crispy on the edges making the perfect pizza crust.
Quick and Easy
Making a pizza chaffle is super easy to put all together! All you have to do is mix together your crust ingredients and then pour them into a waffle iron. Cook until you preferred crispiness. Top your pizza with any of your favorite toppings and cook until heated.
Low Carb and Keto
Chaffles make a great pizza crust substitution. They are low-carb, keto, gluten-free, and high-protein!
They can be made with many different seasonings or left plain. Use them as buns, bread, pizza crust, or even taco shells.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make keto pizza chaffles:
Shredded Cheddar Cheese - freshly grated cheese always works best when using in this recipe. You can also use mozzarella cheese, cheddar jack or pepper jack!
Pizza Sauce - use sugar-free sauce or your favorite keto pizza sauce.
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - used as a pizza topping, feel free to substitute with one of your favorites.
Pepperoni - use traditional or turkey pepperoni to cut on calories.
Optional - other pizza toppings such as onion, mushroom, bell peppers or any of your other favorites!
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this low carb pizza recipe:
Make the Chaffle Pizza Crust
Preheat your oven to broil (or turn your air fryer to 400 degrees F). Also, turn on your waffle maker on high to preheat.
In a small bowl add shredded mozzarella cheese, egg, and italian seasoning. Mix well.
Pour the mixture over the center of the hot waffle maker and close the lid. Cook until the outside is to your desired crispness.
Create your Pizza
Place your chaffle on a small baking sheet or pizza pan.
Top with your pizza sauce, then mozzarella, and lastly pepperoni.
Add any of your optional toppings before baking as well.
Broil or Air Fry
Broil the pizza in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Be careful not to leave for too long as it can burn easily.
If using an air fryer, place your pizza chaffle in the basket and cook at 400 degrees F for approximately 5 minutes or until your desired doneness.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve this keto pizza chaffle:
Have a family pizza night! Gather your favorite pizza toppings and let everyone make their own chaffle pizza.
For freshness top with basil or chives.
Top your pizza with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes - always a classic.
Meal idea! Serve a fresh side salad with Italian Dressing Recipe, or make this fabulous Zesty Italian Pasta Salad (with Pasta or Cauliflower.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this pizza chaffle recipe:
- Make it spicy! Add red pepper flakes to the top of your pizza or add your favorite hot sauce to your chaffle mixture before making your chaffle.
- Use italian sausage in place of pepperoni if preferred.
- Feel free to add any seasonings you like, and use any cheese you would like to as well.
- Use a sugar free bbq sauce in place of marinara sauce and add grilled chicken for a bbq chicken chaffle pizza.
- Make sure to check out my other chaffle recipes for more keto meal ideas!
💭 Top Tips
- You can also use a mini waffle maker instead of a regular-size waffle maker for mini pizza chaffles. This recipe will make one regular-size chaffle or two mini chaffles.
- Easily multiply the recipe for the quantity you need.
- Make your chaffles ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Pull them when you are ready to assemble and pre-crisp your chaffle in the air fryer before adding your toppings. Then bake once your toppings are on until the cheese is melted and bubbly!
How To Store
It is best to assemble and cook only what you will be eating. Store your ingredients separately in the fridge. If you have leftover chaffles, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How To Reheat
Place your chaffle in the air fryer to crisp it back up. Cook at 400 degrees F until the chaffle is to your desired crispiness. Add your pizza toppings and place back in the fryer until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
There are at most 2 grams of carbohydrates, making chaffle pizza both keto-friendly and low-carb. The number of carbs can fluctuate depending on how many chaffle pizzas are consumed.
A classic chaffle is made of two ingredients - eggs and cheese. It's called a chaffle because it's technically a waffle made with cheese using eggs for structure rather than flour.
Yes, chaffles are packed full of protein and calcium and are low in sugar and carbohydrates. They're a perfect option for gluten-free and keto dieters!
✔️ More Pizza Recipes
If you are a pizza lover I KNOW you will love these pizza recipes!
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe (Keto Pizza Dip)
- Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza - another easy keto pizza!
- Mini Eggplant Pizza Recipe
- Pizza Soup Recipe
If you made this pizza chaffle recipe, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give it a 5-star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! Don't forget to tag #seekinggoodeats
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup freshly grated cheddar cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or jack cheese are all fine)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (use sugar free if following keto)
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 5 to 6 slices pepperoni (use bacon, ham, italian sausage, or other favorite)
- optional: any other favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat oven to broil (or an air fryer to 400 degrees F). Also, preheat waffle maker to the highest setting.
- In a small bowl add shredded mozzarella cheese, egg, and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over the center of the hot waffle maker and close lid. Cook until the outside is to your desired crispiness.
- Top with pizza sauce, then mozzarella, then pepperoni.
- Transfer to a baking sheet or an air fryer basket. Broil or cook in an air fryer until cheese is melted and bubbly. Be careful not to burn!
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Use any favorite pizza topping.
- NOTE: if using a mini waffle iron this recipe will make 2 chaffles. If using a standard waffle iron, this will make one.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™