Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce, is a delicious creamy sauce with chicken, sun dried tomatoes, heavy cream, feta cheese, garlic, fresh basil, and parsley. While definitely amazing served over pasta, those watching their carbs will be loving with this dish if served with zucchini noodles or riced cauliflower. This recipe is perfect if you are following a keto or low carb diet, are looking for a quick family weeknight meal, or a special occasion dinner. Everyone will be happy in your home with this chicken recipe. Yum!
You will love this Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
How do I know? It’s a one pan, easy to prepare recipe. Who wants to wash a bunch of pans? I don’t!
My hubby and kids love it. If everyone in my house will eat it, I give it five stars! LOL!
Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce can easily be served with zucchini noodles or riced cauliflower, but it can also be a full on pasta carb-fest if you desire.
This recipe works well for the keto diet because of the chicken thighs, heavy cream, feta, and olive oil.
The chicken does not have to be cut into pieces and can be left whole. Add time for cooking the whole pieces in the pan, serve the sauce over the top of the chicken with steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Low Carb Chicken in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce is easily adaptable to your needs and tastes. Feel free to substitute ingredients you don’t like. Maybe use chicken breasts (or shrimp) instead of thighs, depending upon the fat content your are looking for?
Try playing around with different herb combinations, different cheeses, or adding in your favorites to taste. The options are endless!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- ⅓ cup green onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 6 oz. feta cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- cooked zucchini noodles, riced cauliflower, or pasta
- Saute chicken on medium high heat for 6 - 7 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm by covering with foil.
- Using the same pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil, diced green onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- In same pan add chicken broth, heavy cream, wine, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil into pan. Heat to boiling, immediately reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Approximately 6- 8 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Return chicken to pan. Heat until warm.
- Add feta cheese, parsley, pepper, and salt. Toss well and serve over zucchini noodles.
If your sauce has gotten too thick, no problem - just add some cream back in until it's the right consistency.
Popular Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Quick Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast (Low Carb and Keto)
- Juicy Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast (Low Carb and Keto)
I Would Love To Hear From You!
- Tell me how your healthy eating or weight loss plan going? How do you juggle your diet plan with your lifestyle and family needs?
- Let me know how you like these recipes. Maybe you made the recipe but a different variation? I would love to know about that too!
- Get your recipe featured on this site! Feel free to send any of your favorite recipes and I’ll select a few from our readers to add to our site – and I’ll give you all the credit! Please only send recipes of your own creation!
Email us at email@example.com
Don’t Miss The Latest, Sign Up For My Newsletter!
We’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get all the tasty goodness straight into your inbox. xoxo
I LOVE to be pinned!