Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf is flavorful, moist, and easy - with only 7 ingredients. Destined to be a new family favorite - Meatloaf Monday will never be the same - ready to make it?
Watch Stovetop Meatloaf Video
You'll ❤️ Stove Top Meatloaf
"I don't know about you, but I love stuffing. I'm always looking for new ways to serve it. So, why not combine stove top stuffing and meatloaf in this recipe for the ultimate comfort meal? It's seriously SO good!"
The Best Meatloaf Recipe
The perfect easy weeknight dinner idea! Using a pre-packaged stuffing mix is so convenient. Just add the beef, liquid, ketchup, and eggs and you're done - ready to throw in the oven! The best meatloaf - and it's so simple to make!
Stovetop stuffing meatloaf is a family-friendly recipe - most kids will gobble up meatloaf - especially if you add a little extra ketchup on top! (Mine do, anyway) LOL. The perfect meatloaf Monday recipe!
Meatloaf With Stuffing Ingredients
Here are the ingredients will need to make this stove top stuffing meatloaf:
- Ground Beef - I used an 80/20 blend but feel free to use whichever you prefer.
- Stovetop Stuffing - I used herb flavor, but use your favorite.
- Steak Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Meatloaf with Stove Top Stuffing
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this stove top stuffing meatloaf:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, stovetop stuffing, ½ of the ketchup, steak sauce, water, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until ingredients are well incorporated.
Transfer To Pan
Spray a standard size bread loaf pan with cooking spray and loosely press the meatloaf mixture into the pan.
Spread the remaining ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
Place loaf pan into the oven and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until the meatloaf has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven once the internal temperature is reached and let it rest for approximately 10 minutes then remove from loaf pan.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve stovetop stuffing meatloaf:
Slice the meatloaf and serve. Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with fresh parsley or green onion, and extra ketchup or steak sauce.
Meal idea! Serve this meatloaf up with a side of the make ahead crockpot mashed potatoes and gravy and some air fryer green beans. Simple, delicious, and on the table in no time! With a meatloaf this flavorful, you don't need any fancy side dishes (thankfully).
Hint: Save those leftovers and make one of my favorite meals from leftover meatloaf...Meatloaf grilled cheese!Yum!
Here are a few ways you can customize your stovetop stuffing meatloaf recipe:
- Substitute ground beef with ground pork, chicken, or turkey! Or, do a combination if you prefer.
- Too add a little sweetness to the topping mix 1/4 cup of brown sugar with 1/4 cup ketchup.
- BBQ sauce can be substituted for steak sauce.
- A little Worcestershire sauce can boost the beefiness.
- Choose any flavor of stovetop stuffing.
- Add sriracha to your meatloaf if you're looking to add some spice!
💭 Top Tips
- Make an aluminum foil sleeve so you can easily lift the meatloaf out of the bread loaf pan. The foil should be double thickness, line the pan completely with extra coming up the sides for handles.
- Also, allow your meatloaf to rest after cooking for the same reason. This will let it settle and be less likely to fall apart.
- Easily double this recipe if needed for larger gatherings! Shape into a loaf in a 13 x9" baking dish. Bake until done (160 degrees F.)
How To Store
Store your leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How To Reheat
Reheat your leftovers in the microwave on low until heated through.
How To Freeze
Transfer cooled leftovers to an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
✔️ More Ground Beef Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious ground beef recipes, check these out:
- Creamy Taco Soup
- Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs)
- Chaffle Taco Recipe
- Reuben Bake With Meatballs
- Mexican Ground Beef and Potatoes
Meatloaf Recipe with Stove Top Stuffing
- 2 pounds ground beef (80-85 percent lean)
- 6 ounces dry stove top stuffing mix (savory herb or chicken flavor)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup ketchup (save half for sauce on top)
- ¼ cup steak sauce (we used A-1)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon each salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, stovetop stuffing, ½ of the ketchup, steak sauce, water, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spray a bread loaf pan with cooking spray and loosely press the meatloaf mixture into the pan.
- Spread remaining ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place into the oven and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until the meatloaf has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees..
- Let the meatloaf rest for approximately 10 minutes, slice, and serve.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Substitute ground pork, chicken, or turkey for beef. Any flavor stovetop stuffing mix will suit this recipe perfectly!
- TOP TIPS: Allow the meatloaf time to rest in the refrigerator, as this will help it settle and keep it from falling apart when sliced at the end.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables or over riced cauliflower. Garnish with chopped green onion or topped with extra ketchup or sour cream.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™