This Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew recipe is a coffee treat! Sweetened to perfection with rich caramel syrup then topped with our homemade salted cream cold foam - only 5 minutes to make and at a fraction of the cost of Starbucks.
Why You'll ❤️ It
"Now that I figured out how to make my own copycat Starbucks salted caramel cold brew coffee at home, I actually prefer making it myself! It tastes better, takes less time to make than sitting in a drive through -and I can stay in my PJs!" 🙂 - Kori
If you love sweetened and flavored cold brew drinks, be sure to try our Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe, this Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew, or Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. If you just want to know how to make the cold foam itself, try Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam.
Sweet and Salty
This recipe combines fan favorites salted caramel and cold brew coffee. You'll love the sweet and salty taste combination from the caramel syrup and salted cream cold foam. No need to buy it from Starbucks any longer - this version tastes even better! Yes, please!
By making your own coffee at home you will save time and money! It tastes so good you won't even miss the Starbucks version.
This recipe can be adapted to fit most dietary needs, including keto, low calorie, and gluten-free.
- Go dairy-free and use almond milk or oat milk.
- Go low carb and keto and use sugar-free caramel syrup.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew:
- Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee - make your own (it's easy!) by making our Cold Brew Coffee Recipe or French Press Cold Brew Coffee.
- Caramel Syrup - when I want a treat I use the full-on caramel sundae syrup. Otherwise, I use either caramel coffee syrup (like Torani) or the sugar-free caramel version to keep it low calorie and low carb. You can use either that you prefer! If you use flavored coffee syrup you may need to increase the amount of syrup used.
- Heavy Whipping Cream - I use whipping cream, but you could also use a nut milk or oat milk as a substitute.
- Sea Salt
Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions!
Equipment and tools needed to make this recipe:
- Milk Frother (electric or handheld)- you can also use a whisk and a bowl!
- 1-Chilled Pint Glass - for serving
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
🔪 How To Make it
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew:
If making your own cold brew coffee, make it about 24 hours in advance.
Assemble the rest of your ingredients and equipment.
Add caramel syrup and coffee to the bottom of a 16 to 18-ounce glass. Stir and mix well.
Top off with ice, leaving about 2-inches from the top.
Make The Foam
Add your heavy whipping cream, caramel, and salt to an electric milk frother, a separate glass with a handheld frother, or a bowl with a whisk.
Froth the cream until the cream has doubled in size. This takes about 1 minute to complete, or a little longer if you are doing it by hand. (Hint: be careful not to over whip or it can break down and separate.)
Finish and Enjoy
Top off your coffee with the foam.
Taste and adjust flavoring if needed.
Drizzle with additional caramel syrup and sprinkle if desired. Enjoy!
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew:
- Cold brew coffee is traditionally served over ice, however, if you prefer you could serve it at room temp or hot (warm in a microwave). If you choose to warm it, add your foam after heating.
- Chill your pint glass ahead of time in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to help keep your drink stay cool.
- Top off the foam with a little drizzle of syrup or a dusting of cinnamon.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- You can make a Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam by using a tablespoon of vanilla coffee syrup. I see a lot of recipes online for making Starbucks copycat Salted Caramel Cold Brew using vanilla sweet cream cold foam. The 3 times I purchased mine at Starbucks it was made with caramel, but just in case you want vanilla go for it!
- Change the flavor of this coffee by using different flavored syrups - vanilla, almond, chocolate, toffee, etc.
- If you like it sweeter but don't want to add more caramel - use honey, sugar substitutes, granulated sugar, molasses, or agave.
💭 Top Tips
- When making the cold foam, do not overmix your whipping cream or it will separate and break down.
- Play around with this coffee until it's perfect for you - adjust the quantity of coffee, caramel, and foam to your taste.
- There are several methods of whipping the cold foam: an electric milk frother, a handheld milk frother, a bowl and a whisk, etc. Use what works best for you.
Can you make cold foam ahead of time?
Yes! I tried doing this to ensure that it would hold up its consistency for multiple days. Store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Is the Salted Carmel Cream Cold Brew sweet?
I think it is a mild to moderate level of sweetness. The caramel cold brew itself is less sweet but the salted caramel cold foam is much sweeter - it's like a salted caramel dessert. As you sip your coffee the foam will blend with the coffee sweetening it so every sip is perfect.
✔️ More Cold Brew Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious cold brew recipes make sure to try our Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew and top it with Sweet Cream Cold Foam. If you've never made your own cold brew try this version with a French Press, or this cold brew coffee recipe if you don't have one. Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- 6 ounces unsweetened cold brew coffee (make our easy recipe or use store-bought)
- 2 tablespoon caramel syrup (use real caramel syrup or sugar free)
- 2 ounces whipping cream (sub almond milk or oat milk)
- 1 pinch sea salt
Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- Add 1 tablespoon caramel syrup and the cold brew coffee to the bottom of a 16 to 18-ounce glass. Stir together until well blended.
- Fill the glass with ice leaving room for your foam (about 2-inches from the top).
- Top off with caramel cream cold foam.
Salted Caramel Cold Foam
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon caramel syrup, and sea salt in a small bowl or milk frother.
- Whip the cream until it doubles in volume, or reaches your desired foam consistency. Pour over your cold brew coffee. Note: Be careful not to overwhip or it will separate.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SUBSTITUTIONS: For best taste use real caramel syrup (like the thick sundae caramel). Use store-bought cold brew or make our Cold Brew Coffee Recipe or this French Press Cold Brew version.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve your coffee chilled over ice or warm to the touch! Adjust the sweeteners to your preferred level. To completely change the flavor try flavored syrups. Make this sugar-free by using sugar-free caramel syrup.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
Leave a Reply