Chocolate Cream Cold Brew Recipe is a delicious Starbucks copycat! Perfectly sweetened cold brew coffee topped with thick chocolaty cold foam. Easy and economical to make at home, adjust any flavors to your taste! Let's get caffeinated! 😉
Why You'll ❤️ This
"If you love cold brew coffee then you NEED to try this one! I love the chocolate cold foam and how it adds a sweet, creamy decadant touch to each sip. It is so so good!"
For sure, I thought that the cold foam was sweetened with chocolate syrup - but nope. They use chocolate malt powder. It's so delicious! Feel free to use chocolate syrup instead of powder.
Easily make this recipe from the comfort of your kitchen in less than 5 minutes and in your PJs? Nothing better! Skip the drive-through and make this coffee at home, saving you time and money!
This recipe can be changed to fit many dietary needs, including keto, low calorie, and gluten-free. Check out the variations section below for additional ideas on how to adapt to your needs.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve Chocolate Cream Cold Brew:
- Add chocolate or caramel syrup to the inside of your pint glass and on top of your cold foam.
- Garnish the top of your foam with chocolate curls. You may be able to find these pre-made in the store near you.
- Add additional syrups to your coffee that you like. Add peppermint for a chocolate mint combination. Perfect any time of year!
- Change the garnish on top of your foam depending on your flavor syrup! Some ideas are peppermint pieces, a dash of cinnamon, or sprinkles.
- Add cream, oat, or almond milk to your cold brew before topping with your cold foam, if preferred.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Chocolate Cream Cold Brew:
- Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee - make your own (it's easy!) by making our Cold Brew Coffee Recipe or French Press Cold Brew Coffee. Or, you can use store-bought to make it even easier.
- Vanilla Syrup- use regular or sugar-free.
- Chocolate Malt Powder
- Heavy Whipping Cream- works best for making cold foam, but you can use your favorite substitute.
- Optional: Garnish with additional chocolate syrup and chocolate curls.
Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions!
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making Chocolate Cream Cold Brew:
If making your own cold brew coffee, make it about 12 to 24 hours in advance.
If using store-bought cold brew, then prepare your glass with an optional garnish of chocolate syrup around the glass before pouring in your cold brew coffee. Hint: place a pint glass in the freezer 30 minutes ahead of time if you'd like a chilled pint glass to elevate your coffee.
Fill your glass halfway with ice and pour your cold brew over the ice, so the glass is three-quarters full.
Make The Cold Foam
Add your heavy whipping cream and chocolate malt powder in a separate glass. Using a hand foamer, blend your heavy cream and malt powder until frothy and doubled in size.
Assemble Your Coffee
Add 2 to 3 pumps of vanilla syrup to your coffee glass and stir gently.
Add your heavy whipping cream mixture over top of your coffee.
Garnish the top of the coffee with any additional chocolate syrup and chocolate curls, and enjoy!
Add any additional ingredients to your liking.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Substitute the heavy cream with a lactose-friendly option such as almond, oat, or soy milk. The cold foam will not be as thick but will deliver the same concept.
- Substitute the chocolate malt powder with chocolate syrup.
- Replace any full sugar option with a sugar-free or sugar substitute option.
- Use a light or medium roast coffee if you prefer. Otherwise, you can use a dark roast or cold brew blend purchased from the store all ready to use.
💭 Top Tips
- Double or triple the cold foam recipe and store leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. It makes your coffee that much quicker in the morning!
- If you don't have a handheld mixer, you can use a bowl and a whisk to froth your cream and mix the malt powder in.
- Drink your coffee straight from the glass without a straw to get a balanced taste of the cold brew with the cold foam. Use a straw if preferred.
You can! Feel free to add cream, milk, or plant-based milk into your coffee if you like.
It tastes like a chocolate malt shake meets a cold coffee drink. There is a nice balance of sweetness. The cold foam is sweeter than the coffee and is sweetened with chocolate. The coffee itself is sweetened with a little bit of vanilla syrup. You can adjust the sweetener to your tastes. With each sip you get a bit of the chocolate cold foam.
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- 6 ounces unsweetened cold brew coffee (make our easy recipe or use store-bought)
- 2 tsp chocolate malt powder
- 2 pumps vanilla syrup (use sugar-free if preferred)
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream (sub almond milk or oat milk)
- Optional: Garnish chocolate syrup and chocolate curls
- Add 2 to 3 pumps vanilla syrup and the cold brew coffee to the bottom of a 16 to 18-ounce glass. Stir together until well blended.
- Fill the glass with ice leaving room for your foam (about 2-inches from the top).
- Top off with chocolate cream cold foam.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream and 2 tsp of chocolate malt powder, in a small bowl and whisk or milk frother.
- Whip the cream until it doubles in volume, or reaches your desired foam consistency. Pour over your cold brew coffee. Note: Be careful not to overwhip or it will separate.
- Adjust sweetener, coffee, and cold foam to your preferred taste.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Use regular or sugar-free vanilla syrup. We used chocolate malt powder but you could also use sugar-free chocolate syrup (or regular). Use store-bought cold brew or make our Cold Brew Coffee Recipe or this French Press Cold Brew version. Make the coffee in advance and this recipe can be made in a matter of minutes!
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Adjust any flavorings to your liking. Top with the chocolate cream cold foam then spinkle on some shave chocolate for an extra treat!
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™