Fresh Cranberry Sauce Recipe (Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce) has a citrus twist that you can’t resist! This cranberry sauce recipe has no added sugar – and no one will know! You can feel good about serving this whole berry cranberry sauce at your next holiday dinner.
You'll Love This Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Low Carb Recipe, Keto-friendly
This is a low carb recipe at 6.1 net carbs. Most of the 6.1g of carbs are coming from the apple. You could substitute additional cranberries instead of using the apple, but the apple makes this recipe really good!
While this recipe has almost no fat, it probably can't technically be called keto. However, because it is low carb and has no added sugar you could eat this on a low carb diet and make up your fat content with the rest of your holiday meal! I'm following keto, and I am for sure eating this over the holidays! 🙂
fat 0.1 g | net carbs 6.1 g | protein 0.3 g
Best Thanksgiving Side Dish
Cranberry sauce is a classic Thanksgiving side dish that you can't leave off the menu!
Easy To Make
Fresh cranberry sauce is easy to make. Simply cook the ingredients on the stovetop, then cool and refrigerate. It is a perfect make-ahead recipe for the holidays!
Healthy Holiday Recipe
I love that this is a healthy holiday recipe - there is no added sugar, it is low in carbs, and is keto-friendly. We use monk fruit sweetener as a replacement to regular sugar. Honestly, no one will know that this is a sugar-free recipe. Save the calories where you can during the holidays!
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make this fresh cranberry sauce recipe:
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of fresh cranberries
- 2 cups powdered allulose sweetener (or sugar if not following a sugar-free diet)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- water up to 3/4 cup (add lemon and orange juices to measuring cup, fill remaining with water so the total of all the liquid combined is 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix cranberries and sugar substitute in a saucepan.
- Add 3/4 cup liquid consisting of lemon juices, orange juice, and topped with water (to make 3/4 cup).
- Heat over medium heat and cook until cranberries pop. Turn heat down to low and add gelatin, citrus zest, diced apple. Stir gently until gelatin dissolves.
- Simmer for approximately 1o to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit until cool. Transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate. Stir before serving. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Do a taste test after apples and citrus zest/juices have been added. If you like your cranberry sauce sweeter add up to 1/2 cup more sugar substitute.
- You can add 1/2 cup raisins to this recipe, but it will increase the carbs. Raisins add a delicious twist that is really tasty.
- Substitute 1/4 cup sweet white wine for water! Cranberry and wine go hand in hand.
What is the number of cranberry sauce carbs?
This recipe's cranberry sauce carbs are 6.1 net grams
How long will cranberry sauce keep in the refrigerator?
Cranberry sauce will keep up to 5 days if kept in an airtight container.
Can you freeze cranberries?
Yes! Place fresh cranberries in a freezer-safe bag and seal. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Why use gelatin in cranberry sauce?
Gelatin is used as a thickening agent. Sugar and fruit on their own act as a thickener but because we aren't using regular sugar in this recipe, we are missing that additional thickening agent.
📋 Printable Recipe
Here are some delicious holiday recipes that would go well with keto cranberry sauce:
- Juicy Turkey Recipe (Homemade Shake and Bake Seasoning Turkey)
- Tender Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast
- Keto Creme Brulee (Pumpkin Spice Creme Brulee)
- Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Soup)
- Baked Zucchini Casserole With Cheese
- How To Cook A Prime Rib Roast (Prime Rib Recipe)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Sugar-free low carb cranberry sauce that has a citrus twist that you can't resist! You can feel good about serving this sugar free cranberry sauce at your holiday dinner. Easy to make, no one will know that this is sugar free. Fresh cranberry sauce is the perfect holiday side dish. Of course, LOVE it with roast turkey. Yum! #christmas #thanksgiving #holidayrecipe #holidaysidedish #lowcarb #keto #sugarfree #glutenfree #seekinggoodeats #cranberrysauce