Cranberry Trifle Recipe (Sugar-Free Keto Trifle), is almost too pretty to eat. It is the perfect holiday dessert for your next dinner party. Easy to assemble with premade ingredients and it tastes amazing! Both delicious AND festive looking - it's dessert perfection! Can be made for non-low carb and non-keto followers too.
Cranberry Trifle Recipe (Sugar-Free Keto Trifle)
The perfect holiday dessert! This cranberry trifle recipe not only looks pretty but tastes delicious! This keto dessert is perfect for the holidays, Christmas, and Thanksgiving. Make ahead of time for an easy dessert. This cranberry recipe is a low carb and sugar-free dessert. It can be made in a large trifle dish and regular (non-low-carb and sugar-free) ingredients too! #trifle #cranberry #holidaydessert #holidayrecipe #seekinggoodeats #lowcarb #keto #sugarfree #Christmas #Thanksgiving
Why You Will Love Cranberry Keto Trifle!
| Make it Keto and Sugar-Free
As my keto, low-carb, and sugar-free followers will attest finding a cake and cranberry sauce that will work with their diet is very difficult and more than likely will need to be made from scratch. You're in luck though! I created 2 recipes with the ultimate intent on making this recipe. You will need to make my almond butter cake and fresh cranberry sauce (both sugar-free) ahead of time.
Don't worry! The almond butter cake can be made and then frozen, so it can be made well in advance. Yay! When making that cake you do not need to top with icing or almonds. Just make the cake and store until ready for your trifle.
| Make it Full Carbs and Not Sugar-Free
For those not following a sugar-free, low carb, and keto diet - don't worry! Simply buy (or make) a vanilla pound cake or pudding cake, 2 cans of whole berry cranberry sauce, and a large container of pre-whipped topping (like Cool Whip). Assemble as per the instructions below! 🙂
| Best Keto Dessert, Low Carb and Sugar-Free
This is a really good dessert and you will have no idea it is a healthy version of trifle. I love having a guilt-free dessert option for the holidays!
Fat 23.1 g | Net Carbs 6.9 g | Protein 5.8 g
What You Will Need to Make Keto Trifle
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 8 mini trifle dishes or a larger trifle dish
- hand mixer or stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 almond butter cake recipe (If not following a low carb or keto diet, you can use a vanilla pound cake)
- 1 recipe sugar-free cranberry sauce (Canned cranberry sauce is fine if you are not following a low carb diet)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
How To Make Cranberry Trifle Recipe
Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, add whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Turn mixer on medium-high and allow the cream to mix just until medium-stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overmix or it will become grainy.
Cut almond butter cake into 1/2" squares (see tip #3 below).
Place a layer of cake at the bottom of your trifle dishes, top with cranberry sauce then whipped cream.
Repeat layer, ending with whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made ahead of time.
- The individual serving-sized trifle dishes only have enough room for 2 layers. It helps to press the cake layer in. Using 1 large trifle dish, I was able to get 3 layers. With a large trifle dish you may need additional whipped cream, depending upon the size of your dish.
- To make pretty layers, make sure to spread ingredients to the edge of the dishes. It doesn't have to be perfect though - they will still look pretty!
- You may not need to use all of your cake. Cut the cake in half to start, slicing off additional cake only as needed. Any remaining cake can be frozen or eaten later.
More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- Best Almond Cake Recipe (Low Carb and Sugar-Free Cake)
- Chocolate Torte Recipe (Keto Chocolate Cake)
- Low Carb and Keto Cake Recipes
- Delicious Low Carb and Keto Cupcakes (The Best Keto Cupcake Recipes)
- Keto and Low-Carb Cookies (That Actually Taste Good)
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!