Sugar-Free Sweet Chili sauce is as delicious as any store-bought sauce - but healthier (low carb, gluten free, and keto). Easy to make in less than 10 minutes with only 9 ingredients. There are so many ways to use this sauce. It's a guilt-free way of adding some flavor and spice to your dishes. Enjoy!
You'll ❤️ Keto Sweet Chili Sauce
"This Sugar Free Keto Sweet chili sauce is a staple in our home for chinese food, marinades, chicken wings on the grill and so much more! Tastes so good you won't even know it's sugar free!"
If you love healthy Asian sauces then you'll want to make my Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce and this delicious Healthy Stir-Fry Sauce.
Store-bought versions of this sauce are loaded with sugar. Guilt-free and sugar-free! Some people see sugar-free and assume that it is lacking in flavor. I promise you won't even notice - it's that good.
So versatile and there are endless possibilities for using this delicious sugar-free sauce! Check out the how-to serve and variations section for ways to use this sauce.
So much healthier than store-bought sauce - it's low carb, sugar-free, keto, and gluten-free. Note that keto followers should use the xanthan gum thickener option instead of cornstarch.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients and equipment you will need:
Rice Wine Vinegar
Stevia or Allulose
Sambal Oelek - is a sauce made from ground chilies and other flavors. Popular flavors are vinegar, garlic, onion, and others specific to different regions.
Garlic - minced garlic, either fresh or from the jar.
Tamari Sauce (gluten free soy sauce) or Coconut Aminos
Xanthan Gum - used as a thickener. You can also use cornstarch
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
- 2-quart Sauce Pot
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Whisk
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making sugar free sweet chili sauce:
Add all ingredients to a small saucepot and whisk together. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat.
Bring the mixture to a simmer.
Continue to stir the sauce over medium heat until it thickens - about 5 minutes.
Once thick, remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
Finish and serve
Allow the sauce to cool. Adjust seasoning to taste.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve sugar free sweet chili sauce:
- Try making chicken wings and using this sauce in place of a barbeque sauce!
- Use as a dipping sauce for your Chinese food favorites such as egg rolls or crab rangoon!
- Use it as a marinade. Marinade your protein up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Drizzle over an Asian-inspired chopped salad or your favorite salad.
- Try my Keto stir fry with shrimp and add this over the top to elevate the flavor!
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions:
- Add more sambal oelek to increase the heat. You can also use red pepper flakes!
- Use any sugar substitute.
- If you don't like fish sauce or have a food allergy, feel free to omit it! It will still taste amazing.
💭 Top Tips
- The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- If needed, adjust thickness with water.
- Sambal oelek is very spicy. Start with a little and add to your desired heat level.
- Adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
Make sure your sauce is completely cooled before placing it into an air-tight container and then into the refrigerator for storage. You can store this sauce in your fridge for up to 2 weeks for the best freshness.
Freezing this sauce is not recommended. This sauce keeps for an extended period of time in the refrigerator, making it easy to maintain and use!
This sauce does not need to be reheated. You can use it chilled as a dipping sauce or dressing.
Traditional sweet chili sauce is packed full of sugar! On average 2 teaspoons of sugar are in 1 tablespoon of sauce. Our recipe is sugar free- with no sacrifice on taste.
You sure can! It is the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and spicy. Both sauces are similar in ingredients however sweet chili sauce has sugar or honey as a sweetener.
✔️ More Sugar Free Sauce Recipes
Here are more sugar free sauces I think you'll love!
⭐ Let's Connect
Sugar Free Sweet Chili Sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup stevia ( ⅔ cup allulose)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or ½ teaspoon xanthan gum)
- ½ tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small saucepot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Continue to stir the sauce until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- All sauce to cool. Season to taste.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: To increase heat add more sambal oelek Substitute other sweeteners such as monk fruit sweetener or erythritol.
- TOP TIPS: If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water to your liking and season to taste.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with chicken, pork, steak, egg rolls, or crab rangoon. Use as a marinade or dressing for an Asian-style salad.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
Leave a Reply