Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Thai Chicken Slow Cooker) is delicious cooked low and slow all day in a coconut basil chicken broth with Thai seasoning. Making Thai basil chicken in your crockpot couldn’t be easier – just toss it all in and go! This recipe is low carb and keto-friendly too. Serve over coconut cauliflower rice to make it extra tasty.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp serrano pepper (or more to taste, jalapeno is fine too!)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tsp Thai seasoning (or more to increase spice)
- 1–1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional thickener, mixed with 1/2 tbsp oil before adding)
- fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice (Keto Cauliflower Rice)
- Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker, add green beans, coconut oil, basil, hot pepper, bell pepper, add Thai seasoning. Turn crockpot on low and cook 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is done. Season with salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lime. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Serve the Spicy Thai Basil Chicken over coconut cauliflower rice – a perfect pairing!
Tip: at the end of cooking, you can thicken the sauce by mixing xanthan gum and a small amount of olive oil together. Add to the slow cooker and stir. Let sit until sauce thickens slightly.
Keywords: spicy thai basil chicken recipe, crockpot thai chicken recipe, thai basil chicken recipe, slow cooker thai chicken recipe, easy slow cooker recipe