Slow Cooker Ham With Coke (Low Carb and Keto Ham Recipe), is a super easy recipe resulting in a perfectly cooked moist ham that is glazed in a delicious buttery brown sugar bourbon sauce. So good you won’t believe it! This recipe is low carb and keto-friendly and can easily be adapted for non-ketogenic followers!
- 1 4 lb. spiral sliced boneless ham (make sure it will fit in your crockpot)
- 1 can Zevia cola (or Coke or Pepsi if not following a keto diet)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar (or regular brown sugar if not following a keto diet)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup reserved juices from crockpot after cooking
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray or rub with butter. Remove ham from packaging and place sliced side down in the pot. If your ham comes with a glaze packet, you can toss it. Pour cola and 1 tablespoon bourbon over the top of the ham.
- Cover and turn crockpot to low. Cook until the ham’s temperature reaches 140 degrees. This will take approximately 20 to 25 mintues per pound. Check temperature after 1-1/2 hours. Once heated, remove ham from slow cooker, tent with foil and let rest. Reserve 1/2 cup of juices from the crockpot for the glaze.
- In a saucepan or skillet, melt butter. Add 1/2 juices from the slow cooker, 1 tablespoon bourbon, and brown sugar. Heat to a gentle rolling boil and stir continuously with a whisk until liquid is reduced by half and is slightly thickened. Let the mixture cool.
- Using a brush or spoon, brush the glaze evenly all over the outside of the ham and in between slices. Enjoy!
- Be careful not to burn the glaze, or boil at too high a temperature. It can easily burn with butter and brown sugar.
- A bone-in ham works fine too. Make sure it serves between 6 and 8.
Keywords: slow cooker ham with coke recipe, how to make ham in slow cooker, crockpot ham recipe, easy slow cooker ham, slow cooker ham with root beer, brown sugar bourbon glazed ham, ham in slow cooker, ham in crock pot