Slow Cooker Ham With Coke (Low Carb and Keto Ham Recipe), is a super easy recipe resulting in a perfectly cooked moist ham that is glazed in a delicious butter brown sugar bourbon sauce. So good you won’t believe it! This recipe is low carb and keto-friendly and can easily be adapted for non-ketogenic followers!
- 1 4 lb. spiral sliced boneless ham (make sure it will fit in your crockpot)
- 1 can Zevia cola (or Coke or Pepsi if not following a keto diet)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar (or regular brown sugar if not following a keto diet)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup reserved juices from crockpot after cooking
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray or rub with butter. Remove ham from packaging and place sliced side down in the pot. If your ham comes with a glaze packet, you can toss it. Pour cola and 1 tablespoon bourbon over the top of the ham.
- Cover and turn crockpot to low. Cook until the ham’s temperature reaches 140 degrees. This will take approximately 20 to 25 mintues per pound. Check temperature after 1-1/2 hours. Once heated, remove ham from slow cooker, tent with foil and let rest. Reserve 1/2 cup of juices from the crockpot for the glaze.
- In a saucepan or skillet, melt butter. Add 1/2 juices from the slow cooker, 1 tablespoon bourbon, and brown sugar. Heat to a gentle rolling boil and stir continuously with a whisk until liquid is reduced by half and is slightly thickened. Let the mixture cool.
- Using a brush or spoon, brush the glaze evenly all over the outside of the ham and in between slices. Enjoy!
- Be careful not to burn the glaze, or boil at too high a temperature. It can easily burn with butter and brown sugar.
- A bone-in ham works fine too. Make sure it serves between 6 and 8.
Keywords: slow cooker ham with coke recipe, easy slow cooker ham, slow cooker ham with root beer, brown sugar bourbon glazed ham, ham in slow cooker, ham in crock pot