Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Keto Beef Stroganoff) is a family favorite of ours and I’m super excited to share it with you! With tender beef and a delicious creamy gravy, this healthy low carb and keto beef stroganoff is oh so good!
It's a quick and easy recipe, a perfect weeknight meal, family-friendly, ketogenic and low carb. Since it’s easy to make and tastes so good, it’s also perfect for a special company or a dinner party. You can easily double or triple the recipe so you’ll have enough to serve everyone.
You'll Love This Keto Beef Stroganoff Recipe
An Easy Low Carb Beef Stroganoff
This low carb beef stroganoff slow cooker recipe is just the ticket. It is quite literally a quick and easy slow cooker recipe that requires little effort and tastes AMAZING. I have a house full of men and next to my lasagna recipe this is the most requested recipe I've made over the years.
Because I am the only one on a ketogenic diet in my house it's great to have a recipe that works for everyone. There is nothing that will make me fall off the "diet train" faster than having to make multiple meals.
Oh, and teen boys just don't appreciate riced cauliflower, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash substitutions! Anyone surprised? LOL! 🙂 I wish I had a video of the boy's faces when I served spaghetti squash with marinara and meatballs once. Classic family moment.
Gluten Free, Low Carb, and Keto
This keto and low carb stroganoff crockpot recipe is truly delicious, and the fact that it can be thrown together and enjoyed with minimal fuss makes it even better.
With 26.2g of fat and 7g of net carbs, this recipe fits well into a low carb and keto diet.
fat 26.2g | net carbs 7g | protein 39.4g
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the tools you will need to make this keto beef stroganoff recipe:
Our Seeking Good Eats beef stroganoff is made with simple ingredients that you can really find anywhere. Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 2½ pounds of beef stew meat
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 recipe of Keto Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Substitute any cream soup like cream of onion, cream of golden mushroom, etc)
- 1 packet of dried onion soup mix
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms, sliced (or 8 oz canned mushrooms, drained)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or thyme
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional thickener)
- slow cooker
- small mixing bowl (love the colors and sizes in this set, plus the lids!)
- mixing spoon
- measuring cup
Step by Step Instructions
This Quick Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is super easy to make.
I think you will find the creamy gravy is addicting for sure. There is no denying that this crockpot beef stroganoff with sour cream and cream cheese is scrumptious. It's my favorite part!
Here are the steps to make this super delicious keto and low carb beef stroganoff:
One. Prep and Assemble
Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray.
Two. Add Ingredients To Crock Pot
In a slow cooker add the beef stew meat, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and fresh mushrooms.
Stir until combined.
Three. Slow Cook
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Four. Add Remaining Ingredients
About 30 minutes before serving add cream cheese that has been brought to room temperature and cut into cubes. Allow it to melt, stirring occasionally.
Tip: let cream cheese and sour cream come to room temperature before adding to slow cooker.
Once the cream cheese is melted add sour cream, then salt and pepper to taste. Because of the dried onion soup mix, you will more than likely not need to add additional salt.
Tip: if stroganoff is too runny, keep lid off after adding cheese and sour cream to allow moisture to evaporate. You can also whisk in 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum to sauce and allow to thicken as well.
Serve and Enjoy!
Serve over riced cauliflower if you're on a low carb or keto diet, otherwise, it's delicious over egg noodles or rice.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley or thyme. That's it! Super simple.
- Let cream cheese and sour cream come to room temperature before adding to slow cooker. Cut cream cheese into cubes for faster melting
- You can substitute different kinds of cream soups to change the taste. The BEST tasting and lowest in carbs is to make your own condensed cream of mushroom soup. It's not terribly difficult, you can make a bunch at a time and save some for future in the freezer! Recipe: Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Low Carb and Keto)
- If stroganoff is too runny, keep lid off after adding cheese and sour cream to allow moisture to evaporate. You can also dissolve 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum in 1 tsp olive oil as a low carb thickener. Add mixture to the crockpot juices and mix. Allow to sit until thickened.
Is there a low carb onion soup mix?
A package of onion soup mix only has 4 g of carbs with less than 1 g of net carbs. A serving size in one package is 8. That is only 0.5g of carbs per serving.
This keto beef stroganoff recipe serves 10, so of the total carbs in this recipe coming from the onion soup mix are only 0.4g. I consider that a low carb onion soup mix!
How can I tell when my stroganoff is done cooking?
Your stroganoff is done when the meat is tender and breaks apart easily with a fork.
Best meat for making stew and beef stroganoff?
Beef stew meat or a beef chuck roast is my favorite cuts of beef for slow cooker beef stroganoff. Bottom round, eye round, rump roast, and top round are also good choices.
How can I make this a low-fat recipe?
You can lower the fat in this recipe by substituting fat-free or low-fat cream cheese, using a low-fat cream soup option, and using a low-fat sour cream.
Keep in mind that using lower fat ingredients may cause your keto beef stroganoff to be runnier.
📋 Printable Recipe
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Juicy Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
- Easy Keto Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Keto beef stroganoff slow cooker recipe is the easiest and most delicious low carb recipe you can make! Loaded with beef, mushrooms, and a rich creamy gravy that is drool-worthy. A quick and easy recipe for weeknight dinners that you'll love. This slow cooker beef stroganoff is a true dump and go crockpot recipe! #ketobeefstroganoff #keto #lowcarb #slowcookerrecipe #crockpot #lowcarbmeal #easydinner #beef #seekinggoodeats