- 8 to 10 oz red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 oz green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 small pickles, chopped (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Swerve sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and crumble bacon
- In a large bowl add cabbage, celery, and pickles.
- Whisk mayonnaise, Swerve, cider vinegar, pickle juice, mustard together in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to coleslaw salad. Add bacon. Toss all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour up to 8 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper (if needed).
For a creamier coleslaw, refrigerate longer or add 1/4 cup more mayonnaise. For crisper coleslaw refrigerate less time.
Do not add salt or pepper until all ingredients are tossed together. Bacon, mayonnaise, and pickle juice all have varying amounts salt and seasoning. Adjust salt and pepper accordingly.
Keywords: low carb coleslaw