- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 6 oz. feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- cooked zucchini noodles, riced cauliflower, or pasta
- Saute chicken on medium high heat for 6 – 7 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm by covering with foil.
- Using the same pan, add another tablespoon of olive oil, diced green onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- In same pan add chicken broth, heavy cream, wine, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil into pan. Heat to boiling, immediately reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Approximately 6- 8 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Return chicken to pan. Heat until warm.
- Add feta cheese, parsley, pepper, and salt. Toss well and serve over zucchini noodles.
Do not add zucchini noodles to pan. The zucchini will cook down becoming too watery. They will create liquid and your sauce will be too runny. (Ask me if I did this once before) 🙂
If your sauce has gotten too thick, no problem – just add some cream back in until it’s the right consistency.