Lasagna Stuffed Peppers (Keto Stuffed Peppers), are an easy to make Italian recipe that everyone will love. Marinara sauce, sausage, herbs, and melted cheese come together in a perfect healthy serving that tastes delicious! This recipe is keto, low carb, and gluten free!
4 medium bell peppers (any color)
1 lb italian sausage
1 cloves garlic, minced
24 oz marinara sauce (no added sugar)
2 cups mozzarella (fresh grated)
1/4 cup parmesan
1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
2 tsp. italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Assemble ingredients. Wash peppers. Slice peppers in half through the middle and remove seeds.
- Place peppers in a microwave-safe dish with 3 to 4 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave 10 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- While peppers are cooking, brown the italian sausage until cooked through.
- In a bowl combine meat, garlic, 16 oz of marinara sauce, ricotta, 1/8 cup parmesan, 2 cups mozzarella, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place cooked peppers inside the dish and generously stuff with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 350 ° F for 20-30 minutes until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted.
Keywords: stuffed pepper recipe, lasagna stuffed peppers, keto recipe, low carb recipe