- 2 lb ground beef, 80/20 ground chuck
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (substitute bread crumbs if not following a low carb diet)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup ketchup (use keto friendly ketchup)
- 6 oz mozzarella, grated
- 3 oz salami, thinly sliced
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze dried
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a standard size bread loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Drain spinach and squeeze until you’ve gotten most of the water out of it.
- In a large mixing bowl add ground beef, nutritional yeast, ketchup, tomato paste, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Using your hands or a spoon, mix ingredients until they are well incorporated.
- On a long piece of parchment (approx. 18″ to 20″). Press the meatloaf into a rectangle that is as wide as your pan (around 8″ to 9″ is standard), and at least 10″ to 13″ long. Take care to make sure the meatloaf mixture is pressed together really well.
- Layer salami, then cheese, then spinach on top. Lift one end of the parchment paper, carefully roll the meatloaf lengthwise, pressing and tucking as tightly as possible as you go (without losing ingredients).
- Using parchment paper to help you lift, carefully place the meatloaf in the pan with the seam side down.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meatloaf is 160° F temperature in the center. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Take meatloaf out of pan and slice. Serve with a side of marinara and enjoy!
Keywords: keto meatloaf, italian meatloaf recipe