Blueberry Cheesecake Keto Ice Cream (Sugar-Free, Low Carb, Keto), with fresh blueberries and a creamy cheesecake taste, this is the perfect summer recipe to beat the heat! Not only is this ice cream delicious but it is sugar-free, low carb, and keto-friendly! Only you will know that this ice cream is a healthy recipe. You will never buy store-bought ice cream again!
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract or juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 cup blueberries
- Prep and assemble your ingredients. If you’re model recommends, pre-freeze the ice cream machine mixing bowl for at least 24 hours. Cream cheese, mascarpone, almond milk, and sour cream should all be at room temperature.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese until smooth. Scraping down bowl periodically.
- Add sugar and salt while mixer is running, blend until ingredients are combine and smooth. Add mascarpone, blend until combined and mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add milk, vanilla, lemon, and sour cream.
- Pour mixture into bowl and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. It must be well chilled.
- Pulse chop blueberries in a food processor, or rough chop with a knife. A mixture that is partly chunky and partly smooshed is perfect. Chill blueberries in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Follow you manufacturers instruction for making ice cream. The model we used comes with a frozen bowl attachment that is pre-frozen for 24 hours in the freezer. No salt and ice needed.
- Set up your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions and turn it on. Pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and mix until it starts to thicken, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add blueberries and continue mixing for another 5 to 10 minuts until the ice cream starts to freeze and has a soft creamy texture. Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freezer for a few more until it is to your desired consistency.
- When you’re ready to eat allow ice cream to soften on the counter (if needed), scoop it up, and enjoy!
You can substitute whole milk if you don’t want to use almond milk. You can substitute regular sugar for Swerve. You can also use different berries.
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions of your model of ice cream maker. The key to the success of your ice cream is a completely frozen freezer bowl and very cold ingredients. Do not cut corners. An airtight container is important to keep the icre cream from getting an icy consistency.
Keywords: easy ice cream recipe, keto ice cream, sugar free ice cream, ice cream maker recipe, low carb ice cream