Juicy Turkey Recipe (Homemade Shake and Bake Turkey – Keto), is a super easy, fuss-free turkey that is tender and juicy with a delicious seasoned crispy coating. Made with only 4 ingredients, including a homemade copycat shake and bake seasoning mix, this turkey is low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, and keto-friendly. This turkey will be a huge hit with your family and guests! What’s not to love?
- 1 (12 to 14 lb) whole turkey, thawed
- 1 recipe, keto copycat shake and bake seasoning, recipe HERE
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- olive oil as needed (approx 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- Remove turkey from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to roasting. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the packet of organs and neck (if any). Rinse and pat turkey dry with paper towels. Place turkey on a large cutting board or platter. Fold wings under turkey and then tie legs together with kitchen twine. Stuff onion and lemon into the cavity.
- Drizzle olive oil over turkey and brush or rub oil all over the skin. Sprinkle shake and bake seasoning mix over turkey patting it as you go to help it stay on.
- Place on the rack of roasting pan. Bake until the turkey temperature reaches 170 degrees in the breast or 185 degrees F in the thigh without touching any bone. (Note: our 12.5 lb turkey took approx. 3-1/2 hours to roast). Let turkey stand 15 to 20 minutes prior to carving to let juices settle.
- Feel free to use an oven roasting bag. I’ve found them to be less messy and the turkey cooks faster. Use the instructions on the oven roasting bags to get the correct roasting temperature and roasting times.
- A 12 to 14 lb turkey, stuffed takes about 3-1/2 to 4 hours to bake. Check the temperature after 3 hours. Use the USDA guidelines for roasting times. Information here
- Alternative: substitute butter, mayonnaise, or even dijon mustard in place of olive oil! Yum.
Keywords: easy roast turkey recipe, shake and bake turkey recipe, recipes with shake and bake seasoning, holiday roast recipes, roast turkey