Tender Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast, is deliciously moist and flavorful and reminiscent of the tastes of the Italian countryside – lemon groves and fresh herbs. This Keto and low carb approved turkey breast can be prepped ahead and turned on low well in advance of your dinner. Who knew you could have turkey breast for a weeknight meal, and not just Thanksgiving? This recipe is easy to make, easy to clean up, ketogenic and low carb friendly. Your family will love this!
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (if you don’t have wine use chicken broth)
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 2 lemons, cut into 4 wedges each
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 4 lb. boneless and skinless turkey breast
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry. Add chicken broth and wine to the slow cooker. Place the onion, lemon wedges, and garlic cloves on the bottom of the slow cooker, creating a shelf for the turkey breast to sit on.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest, italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Rub olive oil over entire turkey breast and the sprinkle seasoning mixture of the top.
- Place turkey breast on top of the onion, garlic, and lemon wedges. Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high until turkey breast is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the breast, check after 6 hours on low.
Keywords: slow cooker turkey breast, easy turkey breast recipe, tender turkey breast recipe