Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup, is a warm comforting soup filled with bits of tender chicken, vegetables, herbs, and delicious broth. This healthy dinner is super simple and fast, making it perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Chicken soup freezes well so it also works great as a quick make-ahead, meal prep recipe.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts chicken stock, or chicken bone broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts), cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 tsp fresh dill or thyme
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- With your Instant Pot/pressure cooker on Saute setting, melt butter and saute onion, carrots, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth, and herbs to pot.
- Seal lid and set pressure cooker on High for 4 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust herbs as needed.
- Voila! One pot yum.
Feel free to to substitute other oils or ghee in place of butter.
If you wish to increase your fat content use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of breast.
Add spirals of zucchini to add “pasta”. Anyone not on a keto diet may want to add pasta and make this a chicken noodle soup.
Try adding thyme instead of dill for a change.
Try a small squeeze of lemon and lemon thyme with some dill. It’s good!
Keywords: easy chicken soup, instant pot chicken soup recipe, pressure cooker chicken soup recipe, low carb recipe