Homemade Shake and Bake | Copycat Shake and Bake (Keto), is super easy to make, homemade, healthy, and tastes much better than the original. The best part – this recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, keto-friendly, and all ingredients are pronounceable. You can feel good about that! Make extra to store for later – this will be your go-to seasoning for chicken, pork, and even turkey.
- 2–1/2 cups pork rind panko
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. celery salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp minced dried onions
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
To Make Seasoning Mix
- In a bowl mix all ingredients and transfer to an airtight container if storing for later. 1 recipe is an approximate equivalent to 2 packages of Shake and Bake seasoning.
To Make Shake and Bake Chicken or Pork
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Transfer half of copycat shake and bake mixture to a gallon sized plastic bag or a bowl. This recipe will use 2 to 2-1/2 pounds of bone-in or boneless chicken or pork pieces.
- Rinse chicken or pork pieces in water and place one piece at a time in a plastic bag. Shake bag until each piece is coated and then place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Continue until all pieces are covered, throw away an excess copycat shake ‘n bake left in the bag.
- Bake bone-in chicken pieces for 45 mins, boneless chicken 20 to 25 minutes. Bake bone-in or boneless pork chops for 20 minutes (1/2″ thick pieces). Temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees F and pork 145 degrees F.
Keywords: copy cat shake and bake seasoning recipe, shake and bake recipe, chicken seasoning, pork seasoning, turkey seasoning