A deliciously easy grilled steak topped with an herbed butter with cheese, chives, tarragon, and thyme.
- 2 (12 oz.) steaks (about 1 1/2″ thick; rib-eye, New York strip, or filet)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Garlic Herb Compound Butter, recipe HERE (super easy)
- About 20 to 30 minutes before grilling, pull steaks out of the refrigerator, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high. Place steaks on the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes for medium rare. Using an instant thermometer check temperature, cook until desired doneness is reached. See notes below for cooking temperatures.
- Remove steaks from grill, top with a pat of Garlic Herb Compound Butter, and cover with foil. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Rib-eye steaks have great marbling and work well in this recipe!
Ideal steak temperatures:
Medium Rare: 135 degrees F
Medium: 140 degrees F
Medium Well: 150 degrees F