Reminiscent of the Hawaiian tropics, you will love this spin on the traditional chicken salad with coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts, and curry. This is the perfect make ahead salad – great for parties, potlucks, and leftover lunches! Tastes best the next day after the flavors and juices blend together. So delicious!
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 3 oz. water chestnuts, sliced then rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds (sliced almonds are fine too)
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits (no added sugar), drained
- 1/2 cups toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Combine chicken, celery, water chestnuts, grapes, coconut flakes, pineapple and nuts. (Don’t forget to set aside some coconut and nuts for garnish)
- Mix mayonnaise with curry, soy sauce, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Stir into chicken mixture until well combined.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with remaining almonds and coconut flakes.
Tastes great, served on it’s own or over a bed of lettuce. Makes a great lettuce wrap, or maybe even stuff it in an avocado. Yum!
Keywords: easy chicken salad recipe, low carb chicken salad recipe, easy lunch recipe, brunch recipe