Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Soup), is so tasty with canned pumpkin puree, onions, coconut milk, turmeric, curry, ginger, and thyme added. You’ll love its savory goodness! This is a great make-ahead soup, making your holiday meal, or fall gathering, a breeze. Instant Pot pressure cooker instructions included!
- 1 cup onion
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (regular chicken broth is fine too)
- 16 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or, 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp dried turmeric (or, 1/2 tbsp fresh turmeric, finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Over medium-high heat, saute the onion in butter until soft. (If using fresh ginger and turmeric, add to onions and saute until they are soft too.)
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle boil. Cover, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf and puree the soup using an immersion blender.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk and fresh thyme.
To Make In An Instant Pot:
Follow instructions above, but saute ingredients in your Instant Pot over medium heat until soft. Add all remaining ingredients, secure lid, and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Allow a natural release for 15 minutes, then follow up with a quick release.
For a gathering, make this soup ahead of time and reheat in a slow cooker. This is an easy, hands-off way to reheat the soup!
Keywords: easy pumpkin soup recipe, fall recipe, holiday recipe, soup recipe, keto recipe, keto pumpkin soup