- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces (make it pretty with different colored peppers!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces
- double Copycat Taco Seasoning recipe
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 oz chunky salsa
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or more, if desired)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional low carb thickener)
- salt and pepper to taste (if the broth is unsalted, start with 1 to 1-1/2 tsp kosher salt when adding broth in step one)
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, chicken thighs, broth, avocado oil, and salt to the crockpot. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until chicken is done.
- About 30 minutes before serving, bring half and half and sour cream to room temperature. Stir in salsa and cheese until melted. Stir in the half and half and then sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- You can thicken your soup a little by adding 1/2 tsp xanthan gum that has been mixed with 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Add to soup and stir, allowing soup to thicken before serving.
- Top with additional cheese and dollop of sour cream to garnish. Also great with diced avocado and tomato on top!
Keywords: chicken fajita soup recipe, crockpot chicken fajitas soup, slow cooker chicken fajitas soup, crockpot fajita soup, creamy chicken fajita soup