Best Corned Beef Recipe (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot), cooked low and slow all day in a tasty broth results in a very tender and juicy corned beef brisket. An easy corned beef and cabbage with carrots, onions, and a tasty creamy dijon mustard sauce! The perfect fuss-free recipe for a weeknight meal…not just St. Patrick’s Day. This recipe is low carb and keto friendly, and can be made in your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Corned Beef Recipe
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 cup carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 to 4 lb corned beef brisket
- 1/2 to 1 cabbage sliced into wedges (depending upon the size of your crockpot)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- water (1/2 cup slow cooker, 1 cup Instant Pot)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Creamy Dijan Mustard Sauce (Optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Corned Beef Recipe Slow Cooker
- Rinse corned beef brisket and throw seasoning packet away. Add carrots and onions to the bottom of a slow cooker that has been sprayed with nonstick spray or coated with oil/butter. Place roast on top of vegetables. Place cabbage around the corned beef brisket.
- Mix water and worcestershire and pour of top of roast. Sprinkle with pepper. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours until corned beef brisket and vegetables are tender. Serve with optional creamy dijon mustard sauce for a tasty twist.
Instant Pot Corned Beef (Pressure Cook)
- Rinse corned beef brisket and place in pressure cooker. Pour 1 cup of water and worcestershire, (or you could use 1 bottle of beer – any kind) over brisket. Sprinkle with pepper. Secure lid and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes per pound. a 3 lb roast would be 75 min, a 4 lb roast 100 min. Once complete allow to release pressure naturally.
- Remove roast, leaving juices in pot, and set aside. Add cabbage, carrots, onions to pot. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. When ready to serve over corned beef and cabbage, warm on 50% power in your microwave. If you prefer runnier sauce add additional sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
The creamy dijon mustard sauce can be made well in advance. The sauce is great over chicken, pork, fish, and works as an easy hollandaise sauce too!
Keywords: best corned beef recipe, slow cooker corned beef and cabbage, easy corned beef brisket recipe, crockpot corned beef recipe, crockpot corned beef and cabbage, keto corned beef and cabbage, low carb corned beef